1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Success from using the Co-op?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Juls, Mar 21, 2005.

I am curious to hear your success stories of using the co-op. If you have some success using it, pls tell us about it.

I personally have found some great success using the co-op. Before using the co-op i had some decent success with my site. I had some top 10 ranks for non-competitive keyphrases where not many of the other sites listed even seo their site. Only 2 of my main competitors actually optimize their site, however even then I still could barely break the top 10 on those non-competitive keyphrases.

After learning as much as I could about the co-op I decide to join and give it a shot. I figured the worst that could happen would be that I just wasted my time and the best that could happen would that I get a few new customers from the network. So I joined the co-op the 1st week of february. I leveraged one of my online communities to give me a weight of 25k. I equally distributed this weight to 10 links to my online store with different keywords/phrases as I didnt know what to use so I went with ones that had low-medium competition that I wanted to rank well for that generated some decent daily searches acording to the DP free keyword suggestion tool. I hoped that the anchor text in the links would help me out if not anything else.

Within days I noticed an increase in my backlink counts on yahoo and msn. However, I didnt notice any effect on my google backlink counts since they only updated every so often. Thinking that this might not have any effect on my serps, I then learned here that google actually recognizes all of your backlinks from google indexed pages but does not update to show all of the ones that they count. Within another week I started to see positive fluctuating movements in my serps.

Keep in mind that Shawn's goal for this ad network was not to have this effect but it is a positive side effect :)

1 month in and my google backlinks increased from 36 to 306 and I now have over 30+ keywords/phrases that my site ranks #1 for.

The only draw back I see is that if you stop the co-op or get kicked out, your ranking will drop back to where they originally were or possibly worse.

Just wanted to say thanks to Shawn & the DP community.

:)

Juls, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  2. dirvish

dirvish Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been considering using it, your story may have convinced me. Anyone else with a success story? ...or otherwise?

dirvish, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  3. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I want to make love to the coop, that how much i like it

ferret77, Mar 21, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  4. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You wont do wrong by it. No matter what you want to get out of it, you really cant lose out. You will definitely gain something from it even if it is only a little.

;-)

Juls, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  5. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search for "dave chappelle tickets" on MSN Search and you'll see my site at #1.. That's 100% thanks to the co-op!

Cartman, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  6. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    awesome. heh how well does your traffic convert cartman?

Juls, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  7. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    search this
    2005 nfl draft

you will find two sites competing for the #1 ranking. this search yeilds 8,000 searches per day on overture alone.

These two sites both use co-op. One of thost sites are mine. and for those that think you dot benefit from ad clicks, I am getting tons of clicks from my ads showing on other peoples sites. I have even gotten a few link exchange requests as a result.

Like Ferret77, I also want to make love to the co-op. :)

SportsOutlaw, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  8. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    holy crap.... nice SportsOutlaw.... How many of the 8000 searches from overture do you get per day? I never get the max per day or even close to it. I think on average i only get 1/30 of the daily traffic from google and overture. wish it was more but oh well... heh need to create some more content to get multiple listings per keyword/phrase.

Juls, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  9. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your rank, but I have to tell you that even with the relatively low rank I have right now it's made a difference. Now that G is starting to pick more pages every crawl instead of less it's bound to just keep getting better!

nfzgrld, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  10. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya definitely just by being in the coop you can atleast get your site indexed by G if it wasnt before.. faster than any other method unless a PR6+ links to you. ;-)

Juls, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  11. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also want to make sweet love to Co-Op :)

Haichi, Mar 21, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  12. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    The coop is awesome. You couldn't ask for a better marketing tool. My sites are all doing extremely well and climbing up the ranks everyday. :D

ViciousSummer, Mar 21, 2005 IP
  13. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    It is what it does with the "theme" of your site and hence all those secondary KWs that is awesome - you end up with a spread

My ski site now has 27 first 10 positions

Foxy, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  14. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The co-op is the single best thing i've ever done for my site, hands down. Serps up, traffic up, money way up :D

Dastar, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  15. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Considering I generally have the lowest prices around, it generally converts pretty well. It was unreal the number of orders I started getting when the site hit #1 for that keyword, took me a day or 2 to figure out what caused the sudden spike in volume. It's a good problem to have. :D

Cartman, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  16. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cartman ;-) awesome... good to hear all the success... motivates me to keep pushing forward and to try to make my site better.

Juls, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  17. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I make more from adsense than actual products as I am an art/interest/hobby site, I am now investigating into products as I used to get 1-3k referrals per day from google, after a month or two in the coop I had 9k from google yesterday and thats about normal now, thats down to the coop, I just need to work on ways to monetize this traffic and fresh challenges lay ahead for me, it's done wonders and kudos to Shawn and the team that work in the background helping people keeping this gem live and runnning in its various formats.

sji2671, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  18. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow sounds great. :) I wish I got that much traffic from google. lol

Juls, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  19. rohitgoel

rohitgoel Peon

Best Answers:
    sji2671,
    9k referals from google is a very good number. how many keywords is it spread across. and how much total weight have used for it ?

rohitgoel, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  20. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    weight of 50k and around 10 main keywords however 3 keywords make up most of the traffic.

sji2671, Mar 28, 2005 IP