1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submiting to many Directories. Very few replies

Discussion in 'Directories' started by tentwenty, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This list features directories that are active, since it has a system of weeding out the dead ones: http://www.linksadmin.net/

In general though, the chances are you aren't submitting properly, since most people don't. Make a point of reading the guidelines and selecting the best category, because otherwise you'll be wasting your time at a lot of directories.

Obelia, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  2. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a directory owner I approve/reject regular but as stated above some directories have been abandoned by owners after finding they are not a money making machine. Some directories are there simply for their owners sites and they accept no submissions at all.

I also have a Directory Submission Business and through this you find some directories will send approval in anything up to 2 months.

When I go to the admin part of my directories the first thing I do is arrange submissions by category, I then go through and reject all sites submitted to wrong category. I then go though the list again and reject all sites that have submitted internal pages. I then reject all sites that have put their URL in the title and finally I reject all sites that are against our submission rules.

So when you submit you must do the following.

1 a good title
    2 only your home page unless it allows deep links
    3 a good and honest description
    4 MAKE sure you are submitting to the correct category
    5 make sure your type of site is allowed

If you follow those 5 rules you will get good results.

Good Luck don't give up.

amiman, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. webhost9023

webhost9023 Peon

Best Answers:
    try quality or quanitity for better results

webhost9023, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i would say be patient as some owners take time to do reviews,and pay some money to be included in some well run directories

templates, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  5. n1rwana

n1rwana Peon

Best Answers:
    agree, few higher pr and more reputable directory cost less effort and more effective

n1rwana, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  6. ezimedia

ezimedia Peon

Best Answers:
    HI

Directories take time... I approve most of the sites.. in 48-72 hours... I delete most sites if they submit their site in the wrong category or, put their url in the title or description, people do that a lot... and they are free submissions... I also delete submission that spam with keywords in the title or description..

Also I delete sites if their sites content is lacking like 1 page with 3 adsense blocks..

A lot of people do not take the time to read the submission guidelines.. or write a good title or description so then why should I take the time to approve those sites.

And the funny thing is when people email me and say why was my site rejected..

Thanks
    Tom

ezimedia, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  7. MR-Honest

MR-Honest Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is in the UK, then i allow it, taking that the website/business/trade is what it says it is.
    You get 3 links plus Co info and a logo and video if required.

MR-Honest, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  8. Londonseoconsultants

Londonseoconsultants Guest

Best Answers:
    Many directories have been penalised for repeat content - (webmasters submitting the same description for their link to hundreds of sites) and so now many of them are only accepting links with a unique description - then they can be sure the link is genuine - so you must write a unique description for each submission - this will give much higher acceptances

Londonseoconsultants, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  9. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not many editors have the time to check for duplicate descriptions, and good directories will assume that it's duplicate anyway and change it a little bit. It's far more important to provide a description and title that conforms with the guidelines. Often this amounts to writing a unique description as well, but not always.

Obelia, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  10. Londonseoconsultants

Londonseoconsultants Guest

Best Answers:
    so thats why their directory fails, because they have to make a unique description else google wont see the site has any inportance and put all the listing pages into supplemental results

Londonseoconsultants, Feb 20, 2009 IP