1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submission of my web site in dmoz.org

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Pierro, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi evryone

I am new here.
    About a week ago, I have submitted my website http://comesalsa.ca to dmoz for the 3th time in near 4 years. I wish I could get my chance this time. But, I was told that by following discussions often and asking questions here could help to understand what dmoz wants really to read about a web site. So I am here to prepare for next year if my site is not accepted again. I just hope I have joined the right forum.

Pierro, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read any posts on here before posting? It is littered with posts like this.

Did you read the guidelines, see my signature, which you said you had read when you suggested your site, yes the ones that say DON'T submit a URL more than ONCE. Because doing so will not improve your chances of being listed, may slow it down because the date stamp is overwritten and you can get banned for ever as a spammer.

If you are not banned as a spammer and your site complies with guidelines then the site will be listed when a volunteer editor working in their spare time volunteers to edit that section of the directory. When will that be, well it can take from a few days to a few YEARS for that to happen. So get on with your life, promote your site everywhere else, there is nothing more you can do at DMOZ, trying to do anything will get nowhere at all. Though you could volunteer to spend your spare time as an editor, press the button on any page of the directory and pass the test.

Anonymously, Oct 12, 2012 IP
    REKHILESH90 likes this.
  3. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would daresay its not that the site has been rejected, its simply a time issue.....no Editor has volunteered to work in the suggestion pools of that category as yet. Like Anon said, why not look at volunteering and apply to be an Editor? It can be quite fun:)

But a hint.......DO NOT resuggest the site because anything that you do can only be detrimental and will not aid your cause. Its just a waiting game.......

snooks, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  4. naroka

naroka Peon

Best Answers:
    i have been waiting 3 years

naroka, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  5. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have listed ones that had been around a lot longer than that.

No guarantee when it will be reviewed, it is waiting for an editor to volunteer to spend their spare time working that section and use suggestions as their resource to do a review, could be a few more years, sorry. That is if the site complies with guidelines.

As we keep saying, you can always volunteer to be an editor, working for no financial reward, just click the 'volunteer to edit this category' button on most pages and pass the test and you can help speed up the process.

Anonymously, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  6. _MasterOfPuppets_

_MasterOfPuppets_ Peon

Best Answers:
    There simple DMOZ submision strategy is: Submit once and forget

_MasterOfPuppets_, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  7. REKHILESH90

REKHILESH90 Peon

Best Answers:
    Better is making your website dmoz friendly and submit it in professional way or get an seo consultant to do this for you.

REKHILESH90, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  8. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whether or not we list a website depends upon the website's content, not the skill of the person who suggests it. We routinely correct titles and descriptions and often need to move suggestions to more appropriate categories.

jimnoble, Oct 13, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.