1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

subdomains

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Googles76, Feb 10, 2005.

Googles76, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you want it to move it to a subdomain? Personnally, I think your causing additional workload on yourself for nothing in return.

DarrenC, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Why not just "forums.mydomain.com"? That seems to be the norm.. the www is a bit over the top.. Though I realize many feel the need to type w 3 times anyway :) Ultimately forms.mydomain.com is a bit more easy to remember than www.mydomain.com/forums

Mia, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  4. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    on a cpanel server.... subdomains are generally both forums.domain.com and domain.com/forums as cpanel just creates a new cname linking from that subdomain to that folder. whichever link they choose it will stay that way, wont be forwarded to the folder link....... the subdomain should work with or without the www.

i think it is up to you on which way you want to go but i dont think that there is any special benefit going either way...

just my 2 cents

Juls, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  5. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    I like subdomains because you can host them on different accounts or servers if needbe. That way if your main site goes down, you can still have your forum up and vice versa. It's not a total collapse everytime your server decides to go down. Other than that, I don't think there is much of a dif.

rwhetsto, Feb 15, 2005 IP