1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Subdomains site maps .. how does it affect the

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by eliasmoosa, Mar 23, 2006.

Experts needed here pls

1-If I have a site that has a site map to all its folders under that domain and I have choosen some of these folders as subdomains , I know thos subdomain folders are alreadu included in the general site map of the site ,BUT, should I cresat a dedicated site map for each sub domain folder by it self , in another word , is it better ?
    SEMrush
    2-If I created that dedicated site map to that folder that is a sub domain , so now the pages for that folder has a dedicated site map witihn the subdomain folder and it is also idexed in the site map of the main general site map of the site as all , would that cause any conflict or a loop and delay for the search engine to read the same page again (twice insted of once) because they are in the two site maps ?
    Thanks

eliasmoosa, Mar 23, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes each subdomain can have it's own site map. Probably a very good idea if the subdomains have lots of content pages.

2. No. As each of your pages should link to your home page, from parent level, child level and subdomain pages. This does not constitute a loop, and as such a link in two sitemaps would not form a loop.

The URL resolver would disregard repeated links anyway.

Sem-Advance, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  3. softplus

softplus Peon

Best Answers:
    softplus, Mar 25, 2006 IP