1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Subdomains or subfolders better for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MarketExpert, Feb 20, 2015.

I recently mada a blog and forum on my website. I am wondering from an SEO standpoint is there an advantage to having them in a subdomain or in a folder extension?

MarketExpert, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no drastic advantage of using sub domains but still beneficial when using as forum or integrated tools.

blogdum, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  3. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sub domains dont have better results in SEO but it is for visitors to know that they are in a different section of your website for example a shopping cart or admin portal or billing area, etc.

King-Servers, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The results would be the same. Just think about which one people will like more! If the link is LONG (quick example):

fasfasfasfasf.com/ forum
    or
    forum. fasfasfawrtqwtqwt.com

Which one would YOU like more? ;)

patco, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think subfolders are better..Granted subdomains are basically created as subfolders, using it the domain/sub-folder/ way is better then subdomains. The only time I really think about using a sub-domain would be for something like forums or blog.

FPForum, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  6. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    Sub domain is best way to easily rank your website in search engines. every travel, shopping sites use sub-domain method.

deepakrajput, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  7. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

From my point of view subfolder is best for SEO hence..
    Subfolders will help grow the relevancy of your core domain, and they are even easier to remember for visitors.
    A subfolder blog will inherit the authority of the parent site that it’s on. This means you can rank pretty quickly for keyword terms within your blog posts and easier to manage your blog since it’s already on your main website and easier for users to navigate from your home page, to your blog, and onto other pages within your site.
    Google and other search engines will generally crawl new blog posts within a few days of you launching your blog.

aceriker, Mar 2, 2015 IP