1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Subdom Linkage Q

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by john_loch, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    A quick question.
    Although Google treats subdoms as seperate sites, it's common knowledge that it doesn't treat crosslinkage (ie subdom to dom) in the same manner it treats inbounds from external sites.

If I reciprocate linkage (to a third party) from a subdom rather than the primary domain, (on the same IP) is it effective in circumventing any theoretical reciprocation penalties.

(Please not folks - this is a general question, and I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.)

General concensus ? :)

john_loch, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  2. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a real recip linking penalty, nor a staight answer.
    If you link to other websites using a subdomain, will other sites still want to swap?
    No If you can get deeplinks, or links to a page on your site rather than just the index page, you may just be artificially creating natural linking! I make my newer link partners link to a page.htm, rather than the index page. It is how you'd get two top ten listings.
    I'd say google doesn't penalize for trading links if they are not bad neighbors, but they are disounted to nothing. Now if all imbound links use identical anchor text, and link to the same index page, then that looks like a problem.....

ginostylz, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Thx ginostylz.

Yes, you're quite right - tho ppl will link to the sub if it has PR, just like any other site.

It was really just a passing thought in terms of Google, and of course, distributed inbounds have always had their merits.

I'm yet to see any penalties myself for direct reciprocal linkage, though the rumours remain pervasive :)

Cheers - and that damn avatar.. I'm thirsty **again** !!!!! ;)

john_loch, Apr 27, 2004 IP
  4. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most Of my inbound links have been filterd out anyway.
    Oh well. Try to be creative about getting new links!
    Digipoint gives away programs for links, While other people give away other stuff.
    I got 7 inbound links or more from giveouts. And They stay up too!

ginostylz, Apr 27, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.