1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Subdirectories

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by a389951l, Aug 31, 2004.

I tried looking at old posts but I still can not get the ad network to work beyond my main or root directory.

I have the network working on my main root directory. But I would like to add it to a sub directory. Do I need to add the same files from my root (ad_network.php, ad_networks_ads.txt & .htaccess) to the new sub directory? It seems from what I read that this was not needed. Advise?

Thanks.

a389951l, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You shouldn't need to... you should just need to insert the PHP code that goes within the page itself.

digitalpoint, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  3. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    I think the problem is that I am trying to use cgi script and I am having problems including your code. Still learning cgi. Here is my code if it helps:

$apf_footer = qq[<div style="font-size:xx-small; text-align:center;"> test <?php ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . ':../:../../:../../../:../../../../'); include_once ('ad_network.php'); echo $ad_network; ?>];

I can see test but the ad is not showing up.

Thanks.

a389951l, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  4. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    I am a relative newbie but after some research, I appears that you cannot run PHP within a Perl CGI script. Is this true?

a389951l, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  5. kaptain

kaptain Peon

Best Answers:
    i tried to have this run in a (apf) cgi script and could not get it to work.

kaptain, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  6. tivnet

tivnet Peon

Best Answers:
    True, Perl will not run PHP code. It's possible to rewrite the ad program to Perl, however, and it should not be very difficult, because the languages are similar.

tivnet, Sep 1, 2004 IP