1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sub-domain or sub-directory ????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aaditya@stepupmoney.com, Jan 9, 2012.

Hello to all !

i have a website which i want to rank for 4-5 keywords . i made 5 categories with those keywords but i didn't succeed to even rank for a single keyword.

now i want to make 5 websites with those 5 keywords but don't want to use wordpress multsite option . i want to use drupal instead of wordpress in those.

so mine main website will be like xyz.com which is on wordpress and another website which is either subdomain or a subdirectory will be on durpal.

i want to know

1. did it going to effect seo of my overall website that i am using two different cms on single domain.

2. which is better for seo subdirectory or sub domain.

thanks

2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    subdomains are considered as separate sites where sub-directory is considered as part of the site so sub-directory is SEO friendly

sultanofseo, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  3. Sharon Martin

Sharon Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    Handling sub domains is easy for search engines, so if you are experienced and know how to play with codes you can go for sub domains.

But for novice webmasters its good to choose sub directories. With sub directories it is easy to move your code.

For different different categories its good to have sub folders.

Sharon Martin, Jan 10, 2012 IP