1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sub domain help main domain in seo ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nofai, Feb 24, 2014.

hi everyone
    i have a question about subdomain. hope someone can give me some advise.
    I created a recipes website with my own php code. And i want to add some recipes related articles. Instead of create some new pages in php. I am thinking of go with blogger. Because i can let my wife to write articles for me . And blogger will easlier for us to manage different style articles.
    I have created a subdomain for my website having it point to blogger. and on my main website page. I have a link always link to my blog. and I will feed some articles to main site from blogger.
    my question is. will this subdomain help my main site ranking ? the reason i write articles is to help my main site ranking. so should i stick with 1 main domain or subdomain is good idea too?

i was thinking about 3 methods to add blog on my site. anyone has any idea which one is the best for help my main site seo?
    1. mysite.com/blog (own code blog)
    2. mysite.com/blog (create a wp in blog folder)
    3. blog.mysite.com (using blogger)

thanks

nofai, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  2. Ajith Indike

Ajith Indike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to my knowledge if u use sub domain it not good.as i think 1 or 2 is preferred

Ajith Indike, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can use which ever method is easier for you, it makes absolutely no difference in terms of SEO. You can check one of Matt Cutt's videos about this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MswMYk05tk

webcosmo, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  4. Adam Charles

Adam Charles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It will help to some extent if the sub domain contains a keyword phrase. But not wholly useful....

Adam Charles, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  5. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi nofai,

There is nothing wrong in creating a sub domains. But make sure you have redirect the url's correctly. So that search engine not to get confused which page to crawl. If you want to text any of your sub domains you can use real canonical in their testing pages so that it may avoid the duplication issue. Always keep it in mind that link either from your main site or from your blog, it should point out the exact web page clearly. Other than that nothing wrong in creating a sub domains.

aceriker, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  6. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Subdomain will help in ranking of your website if you have created it in a correct manner. Preferably
    "1. mysite.com/blog (own code blog)"
    "2. mysite.com/blog (create a wp in blog folder)"
    its because if the traffic comes into your blog (xyz) will be counted under your mysite.com, but if you created like blog.mysite.com then mysite.com and blog.mysite.com act as two different domains, and as you are getting traffic on blog.mysite.com it will only rank, while it will not affect the mysite.com domain.

John Dave, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  7. dataguru

dataguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sub domain is useful but not in extensive manners for getting traffic or ranking !!!!
    try to use 1 or 2 method is good for you !!!!

dataguru, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  8. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    According to Google, they don't give a sh*t about your sub domain. SEO wise, you should add content on your root domain. Period.

Chad Eztraffic, Mar 3, 2014 IP