1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sub 300 weight for PR3 site 600+ indexed pages + new PR4 site query

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by chris7, Mar 31, 2005.

Hi there

Newbie to the co-operative network so forgive my newb questions:

* Site 1, in google site:domain.com :: Results 1 - 10 of about 630
    This site has a front page PR of 3, PR of 3 for the main section headers but most pages don't have PR. Its been going for a while.
    I have applied a google api key to my account, upon clicking update weight I receive a weight of 270 - does this seem right as judging by some of the calculations mentioned I feel it should be a little higher.

* This is more a generic query, I have both sites that I will put the Co-op network code on, plus I also have 'My pool of advertisments' listed under my account. If a site under pool of advertisements is disabled am I correct in saying it still counts towards weight, it just means that this disabled sites won't appear on other sites throughout the network? Just wanted to double check, I've added 3-4 sites to the advertisement pool but I want to send all traffic to only one of these sites at present, but wanted to confirm that by having the others disabled that I'm not exlcuding these from contributing towards weight?

* Site 2 - PR 5 spread out well across all the site, some articles themselves have PR5 as the site is listed on a wealth of resources and news sites etc.
    Results 1 - 10 of about 4,450 - So about 4.5k pages indexed and PR5. I added this site to the network, it's been approved yet clicking update makes no difference to the results. This could be an issue due to the query mentioned above but hopefully not. If the 'check weight' is live shouldn't my weight update almost instantly? I would have thought the above site PR5 with 4.5k indexed pages should do ok?

Thanks a lot

chris7, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  2. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:
    I think something has been really buggy few last days.

My weight is jumping all over the board. 0 to max then back to 0, etc.

Meanwhile indexed pages are not changed.

saintdw, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  3. chris7

chris7 Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone could answer the second query it would most appreciated

Thanks

chris7, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  4. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    The weight and the ads are unreleated in that case. Meaning, you do not need to have an ad for every site that you do. You can even post ads to sites that arent' in the co op (so long as they do not break the TOS). So yes, you will get the weight if you dont' have an ad going

wendydettmer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  5. chris7

chris7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers wendydettmer

I'll persevere with the newer sites and see what happens

chris7, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck!

wendydettmer, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  7. LiGhTen

LiGhTen Peon

Best Answers:
    dont know what about you guys but i got 2.5k weight and i am happy with it :)

LiGhTen, Apr 6, 2005 IP