1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stupid Newbie Question about FileMaker Pro

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by kwalker, Jun 7, 2006.

I'm doing some research for our non-profit ISP and found out about Optigold. Looks great. One thing. Docs mention Filemaker Pro Server 5.x. Filemaker's site has only current stuff 8.x and there is only Filemaker Pro 8 or Filemaker Server 8. No Filemaker Pro Server. Is this $1000 server required for Optigold to work?

Thanks.

kwalker, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  2. SkySpan

SkySpan Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I can tell, the computer I set Optigold ISP up on the other day does not have Filemaker installed on it. I admit that my use of Optigold ISP has been minimal at present - only just set up invoice format, products, pricing, and entered all the customers - but it is currently functioning.
    I am not an expert by any means, so please don't put too much into what I say.
    Try DLing and running the Optigold ISP software and see how it works for you. Nothing lost apart from time since it's free for up to 100 customers.

-Diane.

SkySpan, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  3. kwalker

kwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for giving me your personal story. That is more helpful then the other replies that I've gotten, which equal to none! You would think that out of so many views, at least somebody would be able to tell me "Nope, you don't need it, it's only for..." or "Yeah, you gotta have it for..." or something!

Anyhow, thanks again. Are you using it successfully to communicate with a radius server?

kwalker, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  4. SkySpan

SkySpan Peon

Best Answers:
    No, and I doubt we will be using that functionality. We tend to like doing things by hand and are small enough that it's not a problem. Additionally, we don't really do dial-up. ;)
    Glad to be of some use.

-Diane.

SkySpan, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    FileMaker Server is only required for a multi-user environment.

digitalpoint, Jun 13, 2006 IP