1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stuck on dead drupal fork... help!

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by kumocorp, Nov 14, 2011.

Hey,

I'm using a drupal fork, vbdrupal that died about 2 months after we started using it. As a result... we're stuck in Drupal 5.x land + Vbulletin 3.8.x (with vbseo).

Long story short, we're stuck with 2 dead ends at the moment, and need to fix this asap.

The main problem a the moment is I have no idea of which way to go with it... except that I would like to keep drupal.

The best option seems to be to go with Drupal 6.x with the advanced forum module (since its not ready for D7 yet)... but this would disrupt the search engine friendly urls provided through vbseo for a pretty big forum (Threads: 17,961, Posts: 174,752, Members: 86,134)... likely causing a lot of problems with Google which the website is quite reliant on for traffic.

Other options seem to be to
    - try to keep them both around using the drupal vb module, but it hasn't seen activity in a long time and doesn't seem to mention anything about vbulletin 4.x.
    - try to integrate through another forum system like phpbb... if there is a way to preserve the forum URLs.

Can anyone advise? - or recommend someone / a company that could help with this?

Thanks,

Tom

kumocorp, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  2. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    o with drupal advance forum you have option of friendly urls

Javed iqbal, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  3. adimsh

adimsh Member

Best Answers:
    I think D6 (or D7) + vb module is a good choice, VB them selves can provide you with upgrade path to 4.x, and you have to pay for upgrading vb module to use vb 4.x to some good modules developer.

adimsh, Dec 5, 2011 IP