1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strongest Army, Airforce & Navy in the world?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by innews, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wwwyatt

wwwyatt Peon

Best Answers:
    the first post in this thread really made me laugh out loud, uncontrollably.
    You may be right about "quantity" but definitely not "quality."
    Some of those countries listed for the top Army don't even have equipment or weapons for their second waves...their tactic is to pick up weapons/gear off their own dead soldiers from the first wave in infantry combat.
    I wouldn't put that down for quality if I was ranking people.
    I'm in the American military so I may be a bit biased but with some of the equipment I've seen foreign countries trained on I'd definitely have to say your list is wrong, dead wrong.

wwwyatt, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just imagine a whole army vs a nuke. Who the heck thinks is going to win? Nuclear Weapon! In this world today...the big concern is not who has the best army (amount of soldiers) but mostly the technology, how advanced and trained they are...best of all if they have nuclear weapons...a country full of soldiers can be wiped out in seconds..

Realm, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol are these soldiers or comedians?

peepin2me, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the one on the right looks like michael jackson

Realm, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    When I was a kid we had one TV station available in my city in Iraq, named Iraq TV. The only thing I and my one-year younger sister were interested in are cartoons obviously, so we'd wait for the evening cartoon period all day. Saddam's government made sure that kids are brainwashed, brutal and ready to hate by showing a program called ''Kay la nansa'', something like ''so we don't forget'', right before playing cartoons. The program was simply unedited footage from the Iraqi-Iranian war that inlcuded soldiers being pulled by a military car around until death, bodies with flies hovering over them and so on. The other thing they used to play are scenes of Fida'aio Saddam (soldiers who would sacrifice their life for Saddam) ripping living animals apart with their teeth and eating them with the song '' Fida'aio Saddam, Fida'aio Saddam, we are an unbreakable people'' playing in the background. So dont be surprised by these images. I didnt think it kept going till after Saddam but here is the proof it didnt. And you wonder why Iraq is so fucked up...

save-a-family, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  6. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    well, US leads in all aspects & i believe comprehensively at that....
    2nd has got to be Russia although, its capability has depleted alarmingly since the fall of U.S.S.R...

i think the real debate is about NUMBER 3 position !!

EU would have been the sure shot number 3 but, it can`t be counted as a single country. infact, there`s still a lot of internal bickerings.

China has amassed huge numbers in all forms of military level be it army, navy or the air-force. however, the big question remains whether they are effective. i`ve no doubt that the Chinese are trying to improve the quality & increasing their military budget but, still it has got a lot of catching up to do.

India has the same problem as China. infact, they are yet to purchase their new fleet of combat aircraft for which a tender was issued more than 5 years back. so, you can figure!!

U.K. does emerge to be a possible number 3 candidate with latest military-technology at hand. but it has not got the numbers...to make it truly world class.

erolelcott, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    The UK has the best technology and best trained army.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  8. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, if not THE best...its one of the best. but they`ve just not got the numbers !!

9. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah true.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  10. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I saw them on a doc about the Pope and the history of the Vatican city.
    They are the true army of the state and yes that's their uniform.:eek:
    I think the Swiss guard supplies/supports the Army and keeps it as
    traditional as much as it can. It's kind of like the same set up in the
    UK with the queens guard but fortunately for England they have a
    modern sophisticated army not to dissimilar to the Us but on a slightly
    smaller scale.

I guess Robin hood and his merry men could take on the Vatican Army
    as it stands, but all the Allied nations to Catholicism would soon step
    in to help. That's why the Vatican Army can be as technologically and
    logistically prepared for war as it is :D Just thought I've throw in some
    comedy to loosen up the subject as I see a lot of Indians, Chinese,
    Americans and Pakistanis all having ago at each other in this thread.:eek:

ROOFIS

ROOFIS, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  11. wwwyatt

wwwyatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know who disapproved of my post and called me an "American Monkey," I'd like to see what exactly made you feel this way about my post other than your outright hatred of America, which with our recent history I can't say I blame you but that has little to do with me serving my country...

wwwyatt, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  12. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Without doubt US Navy and US Airforce are among biggest and best in the world. Both #1 actually.
    I mean US Navy has number of aircraft carriers that the rest of the world cannot combine together :D We are talking about working, operating aircraft carriers and not half-working :D
    Aircraft carriers are HUGE working power ! No other country in the world can currently go around the world to fight and supply their army like US can !

I see some people are forgetting about another big navy. Italians...they are building ships like crazy lately.

Now historically British and probably Russians are the best militaries of the world ;)

While US have great warzone advance "skills" they just cannot handle anything afterwards. They should consult brits about this hehe.

All in all. At the moment US is far ahead of everybody. What some other countries keeps in touch is nuclear weapons. Conventional belongs to US! For nuclear we really don't know.

I would say this : ( my opinion of course and I could be mistaken )

1. US
    2. GB
    3. Russia
    4. China
    5. Germany
    6. France
    7. India
    8. Brazil
    9. Italy
    10. Japan

iatbm, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  13. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:

i know its ur opinion but how do u assume that GB is superior to Russia??

14. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Russia had far too many deaths in Georgia, they still need alot of building to do.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  15. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    but that doesn`t make its military any worse. infact, in those kind of battles the time is of greater essence than anything else!!
    cuz, if the war had prolonged, it would have meant that NATO would have had to intervene.
    in this regard the war was handled pretty well as they(Russians) managed to finish it off rather quickly & take a commanding position.

16. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:

To answer erolelcott first : Well at the moment it seems that Brits have better equiped and trained regular army.

ThraXed : on the contrary. Russians had less casulties than Georgians with smaller army which was equiped with outdated technology compared to the one Georgians had.
    Georgia conflict proved that Russia is quite capable still and the whole West at the time shi**ed in the pants if you excuse me. While Russians have to improve I didn't expect such fast victory in Georgia. Actually the whole world was stunned and some countries already started debating if "small, good equiped Nato standard army" is good for them ;)

iatbm, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  17. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i agree that they`ve got the better & sophisticated tech when compared with Russians. but the point is they have just not got the strength i.e, numbers.
    moreover, if u would go with that argument then i think Israel is way better than either of them!!

18. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not true. In the warzone Georgians had more personel than Russians! The thing is that Russians just went like crazy and pushed hard. I think Georgians didn't expect this and when reinforcments arrived it was too late....Also Georgians made lots of stupid mistakes like leaving the only tunnel that connects Russia with Georgia opened. They could easily bombard that tunnel and Russians would have some hard time then ....

iatbm, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  19. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understood me. I never said more Russians died in the Georgia conflict, i said too many Russians died than they should have.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  20. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:

I feel amazed and it is hard to believe . How can they have 600 000 soldiers ?

justinlorder, Dec 4, 2008 IP