1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Streaming: Help me Please!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by KingMohan, May 28, 2007.

Hello i started a site . freelivesports.net and it got closed by host becoz they and me recieved a letter from a company which said they would sue us if i dont close the website. indeed i had put a disclaimer on the front page saying that any company related to netresult or any shit ill sue them but alas i lost over more than 300 paid users and other members. can u guys tell me a solid way to back up my web site so that no one can sue me ?

thanks
    KingMohan

KingMohan, May 28, 2007 IP
  2. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    What did the letter say? As in what was their reason for threateneing to sue you? Where you actually streaming material such as video or music?

If you could give us some more information, then I am sure someone around here will be happy to help.

diarmuid, May 29, 2007 IP
  3. KingMohan

KingMohan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they said i was streaming their stuff but actually was not streaming at that moment and i never streamed their stuff. all my videos are streamed by me and there are no copyright logo or whatever

KingMohan, May 29, 2007 IP
  4. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no requirement for a copyright logo to make something copyrighted. As soon as something is made it is automatically copyrighted by the person that made it.

Unless it has a "not copyrighted sign" then there is a 99.9% chance that it is copyrighted.

At the end of the day you need to respond to their letter addressing their allegations otherwise where ever you move the site it will simply get shut down again.

AstarothSolutions, May 30, 2007 IP
  5. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how did you lose members? don't you own the domain, and have a backup of your user info?

if you are streaming someone elses content then thats a no no

find streaming services with affiliate programs

pmf123, May 7, 2016 IP
  6. Benny-ben

Benny-ben Peon

Best Answers:
    you are yet to tell us the ground they are suing for. more details please

Benny-ben, Jun 25, 2016 IP