1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by _vlada_, Jul 18, 2005.

I ordered if friday some domain. It was free. So, today I payed for that domain and hosting. Well after that "strange" thing happened.

I received email where is stated how can I log to my accont "until your domain name resolves, use this link to access your site" .

Well, I checked in friday Whois for that domain and averything was OK (unable to resolve hostname). BUT when "my" domain started with activity, some other domain whith same name also activated?! I can see it. copyright 1998. How that can be possible? Also, after that I emailed my hosting provider company but still no reply...

Is it possible that domain was free, and now it isn`t? What should I do? I have no experience with this. Thanks

_vlada_, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  2. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me on one occasion - for whatever reason, the system of your domain name registrar thought a domain was available - but it wasn't. If this is what has happened to you, you won't get the domain name, but you should get a full refund.

norfstar, Jul 18, 2005 IP