1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange URL Page Refreshes

Discussion in 'C#' started by LittlBUGer, Jul 15, 2008.

Hello. I've created several websites for the company I work for and the following issue has only happened in my most recent one and I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

I've built an ASP.NET 2.0 with AJAX extensions website located here: http://www.npwi.us

If you go directly to that URL above (you wont be able to because it's password protected, but for illustration purposes...), obviously you arrive at the 'default' or home page. Now if you try to click on one of the two buttons there to login, the page automatically refreshes and goes straight back to the default page even though it should have went to the login area. The URL in the browser now then reads http://www.npwi.us/Default.aspx . It's almost like a Response.Redirect("Default.aspx") occurs even though I have no such code. Thus when any user first comes to the website, they must click on one of the two buttons twice just to get started, which is annoying.

Now, if I go to http://www.npwi.us/Default.aspx directly, then the above issue doesn't happen at all. This make absolutely no sense to me and I've never seen it anywhere else.

The only thing I can think of is that this site was kind of my first to use AJAX and I enabled it throughout the site except for a few button clicks, one of which happens to be the two buttons described above on the default page (meaning I've put these buttons as regular postback triggers in my UpdatePanel instead of asyncpostback triggers). The thing is, if I make them async, then there's no double clicking, but as soon as you hit another area where there's a non-async postback, it redirects back to the default page.

It's the strangest thing and I don't know what to do. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

LittlBUGer, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  2. davejames909

davejames909 Guest

Best Answers:
    have you tried making sure that the directory you are using has the correct permissions? enable IUSR on the directory that IIS points to, and it should not bring up the windows active directory logon.

davejames909, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  3. LittlBUGer

LittlBUGer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the permissions are correct as they are the same as other websites I've done and the others don't have this issue. The login/password prompt you see when you go to the site is deliberate as we purposely enabled NTFS folder security for certain sites, like this one. So I don't think it has anything to do with that, especially since this same issue occurs on this site's two development areas as well which don't have NTFS security (both internal).

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

LittlBUGer, Jul 17, 2008 IP