1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange Serp movement

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Weirfire, Oct 5, 2004.

I've noticed some odd movements for keywords in the last week. About 10 days ago some of my keywords dropped huge numbers of places with some completely dropping out of the charts. Then 5 days later I see some of them regain a lot of places. Then today, another leap for a lot of my keywords, some entering top 10 positions.

Has anyone else been noticing subnormal activity with their keywords?

Weirfire, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Actually, I've been wondering if (some) of what I've seen lately has been due to rotation of ads within the coop. I've seen a few PR 7 links come and go over the past few days, and things seems to improve or slip accordingly. I'm only just beginning to look into it, but I think there's a correlation.

john_loch, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  3. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I would be interested in your findings :)

Will check this post later to see what you find out.

Weirfire, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  4. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    It's rather difficult to tell because of the number of other factors (ie existing BL's unrelated to the coop) but I'm definitely seeing a slip in the serps that corelates with high PR link loss from the coop (rotation). There's a couple of sites out there with high PR that are featuring only the coop ads and maybe 1 or 2 other outbounds. So the benefit can be significant. Of course this is speculation.. there's no real way to tell because BL factors are rolling while PR updates are non existant.

But if I had to guess, I'd say that's what I'm seeing. It fits also with the growth of the coop. As more larger sites join in, the distribution thins a little (ie the number of high PR pages doesn't grow with the coop overall) - so as it grows, the less chance you'll pull a high PR page.

Normally PR wouldn't be something I'd look at - but some of these pages are PR 7-8 and carry just a couple of outbounds. :)

john_loch, Oct 5, 2004 IP