1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange Serp for business name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nevetS, Dec 3, 2004.

I have a business called Agile Live. It's been up for the better part of a year now, and starting to think about SEO a little bit, I just googled for "Agile Live". It seems that I have a higher PR than the top serp, and come up ranked first for allinanchor and allintext, but the number 1 ranked site is: "Introducing the compact and agile live news gathering minivan"

no backlinks are listed for the top ranked site.

Not that the term ever gets searched, but I would like to move up from #2 to #1 seeing as that's the name of the company.

Can any of you experts see something with the top site that I don't?

I suppose I can adjust my title text to just contain "Agile Live", but I'm kind of at a loss here for why this other site is ranked higher.

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Seems like it's a question of time to me. Your site is new-ish you said, that might be the cause...

Not much yuo can do to improve it. More links is always helpful.

T0PS3O, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    yeah. I'd hate to waste good anchor text to try to push my site from #2 to #1 on a term that is so rarely searched though. Hopefully we'll jump in time. That #1 serp can't stick around forever :).

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  4. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you not have a couple of internal pages you could pop a couple of links on? That would probably be enough to do it.

Jane

janecompersnews, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  5. arijit

arijit Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having similar problems with my site http://www.dvdvcdplaza.com. If you search for dvdvcdplaza.com there are over 600 links. But I have only one backlink in Google. Check link:www.dvdvcdplaza.com and link:dvdvcdplaza.com doesn't even give that one.

Could you tell what is the problem here? I checked link:www.agilelive.com gives a number of backlinks from within your site, how can I achive that. I have over 800 pages and no backlink from my site.

arijit, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  6. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had that problem for a while, but over time our business name started ranking number 1, which helps when return customers didn't bookmark but remembered the name. We get a few searches on google every month now on the business name and they seem to all turn into sales.

It will be worth it in the long run for repeat customers but don't sweat it. Work on you other search terms.

debunked, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  7. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I think I'll change the anchor text on the internal links from "home" to "Agile Live Home" that should do it. Funny. I'm not sure how I got the internal links to show up, but I'm glad they are there. We've done very little SEO on this site, mainly we just wanted to get it up because we had some customers in the bag prior to going live. I think all of our PR comes from press releases that we've put out on some on-topic sites.

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP