1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange Happenings in the Google SERPs

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Webbusiness, Dec 19, 2011.

My stats have been showing some weird happenings in the Google SERPs. For the past few months, I've noticed that a certain company is referred to my website via keywords used in Google's search engine. Shortly after that company lands on a specific page of my website (and it's always the same page regardless of the keywords used), my article's position in the results drops. The article ranks on the first or second page until that company shows up, whereupon I can't locate it even when going into deeper pages e.g. 15 and 16 of Google's SERPs. The company that makes the visits is a PR and marketing firm in New York City but has an office in Chicago, IL (it's the midwest office that does the searches which brings them to my article). The article focuses on milk and public school systems.

Could it be that someone in the industry dislikes the article so much that they use some black hat tactics to push it down in the results? Or could they have a direct line to Google to get the article buried?

Has anyone else encountered such things?

Webbusiness, Dec 19, 2011 IP