1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

STOP THE PRESSES! WIN XP SP2 - will affect YOU!

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ! !, Aug 10, 2004.

! !, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  2. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure I get it? Are we to be concerned about upgrading to SP2? All those stories were all over the place. The way I look at it, I use IE, so for me to be the most secure online, I need SP2...

NewComputer, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  3. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    ! ! says it 'may' affect you...

The word here is "caution" - You're right, NewComputer, the stories are all over the place, but amongst the hype and heralding-in of an 'essential' new service pack there are mentions that XP SP2's more like an OS upgrade than a SP update.

I'd argue that as long as you've got a decent firewall and your brain's got the latest update then you don't need much else.

Lever, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  4. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    ...in a bunker far far away some M$ tech guys have been building the ultimate Service Pack for Win XP...

Here's a news item I read today, it includes a link to the 40+ programs that mysteriously "snuff it" when SP2 comes to a computer near you...

Lever, Aug 17, 2004 IP