1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

stop promoting us you are hurting our EPC!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Micromag, Feb 9, 2006.

I received a mail from an Advertisers like this:

"stop promoting us you are sending traffic that do not generate enough sales so you are are hurting our EPC measurement!"

In fact he has a very high EPC and he were complaining that my EPC that I sent there was below $60 so I stopped to send the traffic.

Is common there in CJ such kind of problem with advertises that has high EPC? Any experience with an advertise that expire the agreement due your EPC that you send there is too low?

thanks

Micromag, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    That is quite rude.

Basically they are saying you are expendable.. they value new affiliates over the sales that you already provide and lowering their EPC is hurting the chances of attracting new affiliates.

Screw them. I'd also report that email to CJ.

TheHoff, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  3. Moneyfolk

Moneyfolk Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Find other affiliates. I wouldn't even want to do business with a person like this.

I look at EPC but that wouldn't stop me from using a merchant. All merchants have to start out with nothing at some point.

Moneyfolk, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some managers are too obsessed with EPC and affiliates just turn into numbers instead of being people. However since some affiliates do things that totally wrack up false clicks and impressions from visitors who would never be interested in buying - well those guys ruin it for others.

60 EPC sounds pretty good, not sure why they would complain. Back when I used to manage CJ programs I would always contact good affiliates that were driving lots of traffic and if the traffic was not converting I would offer suggestions or see what we could do to improve conversions and EPC. I would never just drop a publisher unless they were doing something wrong.

5starAffiliates, Feb 10, 2006 IP
    Micromag likes this.
  5. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have right Linda .
    Micromag report that to CJ.
    And don't work with company like that

sunchy, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  6. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, Linda hit the nail on the head there. It looks like everything's pretty much been covered for this thread... Care to post the results of the situation? I'm interested to know how this goes for you. All the best!

TheException, Feb 11, 2006 IP