1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

STOP promoting ClickBank until you read this!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by thedanielsolution, Nov 5, 2009.

1. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure - this is one of the ways they do it, whatever letter you file them under! :eek:

Anything with a "free e-book", "free trial", "free anything that gives me your email address" ... be very careful indeed! ;)
    SEMrush

alexa_s, Nov 11, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Nichemasterflex

Nichemasterflex Active Member

Best Answers:
    And this is why these subscription services exist to inform affiliates which products have these "leaky" sales pages and which ones are worth looking at.

CAn you divulge an example or two of these subscription services?

Nichemasterflex, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    @alexa_s : your posts are informative. learned a lot from you than from any paid IM forums

jaykou, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. aboutericka

aboutericka Peon

Best Answers:
    now I think I have had such an experience then.. tsk.. Thanks for the reminder dan

aboutericka, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. ishamzana

ishamzana Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips...tq

ishamzana, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  6. Sammysart

Sammysart Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually do this. There are a lot of vendors who try to trick their affiliates in one way or the other.....but we're smarter than them!!
    Thanks for the info anyway.

Sammysart, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  7. Trusted1

Trusted1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your openess Alexa. You have been most helpful. I have now gone back to my affiliate vendor for an explanation.

Trusted1, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  8. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You know how they say..

If you don't have a proof don't even think about blaming someone.

Al./

evelinawilliams007, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  9. appleranger

appleranger Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why I only select Clickbank products with a high popularity and gravity rating.

appleranger, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  10. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Funnily enough, for me it seems to be related to why I tend to select products with low gravity and popularity. ;)

For myself, I have plenty of proof. It turned out on investigation that six out of the seven higher gravity products with vendors' opt-ins that I started off promoting were products of "dishonest" vendors: I opted in myself at their sales pages, using a different name and email address, and six out of seven of them (over a period of time) actually sent autoresponder email containing cloaked links to the products which overwrote my own affiliate links. Pretty irrefutible evidence, I think?

People always refer to this as "dishonest", and it feels "dishonest", but Clickbank does actually allow it, so strictly speaking these vendors (and clearly there are very large numbers of them) are doing nothing "wrong". I just prefer not to promote their products. That decision has boosted my income enormously. ;)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    alexa_s, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  11. smiles101

smiles101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know that the vendor is actually intentionally trying to screw you out of your commissions as I haven't had time to test the emails yet. However, why not simply send your visitors to his alternative page that does NOT have the Opt-In form on it? The vendor is giving you the option of using either page, so I'm not so sure he's trying to screw you over.

Just a thought.

smiles

smiles101, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  12. ZikiBru

ZikiBru Peon

Best Answers:
    I suspected this before too. I found out about it when I started noticing that one of the products I was promoting didn't convert like others. since then I don't promote websites with opt-in forms any more

ZikiBru, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  13. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Vendors who look after their affiliates get mountains of traffic ;)

quicksilver101, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  14. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Alexa, would you please name those vendors?

Send me a PM if you don't like to make them public. I would be amazed honestly.

And since this is happening to you, don't you think it's time to email Clickbank and let know in details what is happening?

I'd like to know some of those vendors and test a few things myself.

I'd like to explain something, maybe you just don't understand Alexa..

Vendor's cannot, and I repeat myself they cannot overwrite the cookies in the customers browsers. There is no way to do that. It is the cookies that carry the tracking ID so no matter what happens those customers that came through your links will still get you a commission. Vendors can overwrite the aff. links at will and still not make any difference, if you understand what I mean.

Thanks
    Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  15. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I won't. And you wouldn't either, if it were the other way round.

If you'd actually read my posts on this subject, Al, you'd know that I did that at the time. And you'd know what they said, too. And you'd know how I reacted to it.

Al, the most recent affiliate (that's often the vendor's wife or brother or just the vendor under another name) is the one who gets credited for the sale. This is how Clickbank has always worked. It's all explained very openly on their site. There's no mystery about this at all (apart from to you, apparently!).

alexa_s, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  16. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use PPC only Article Marketing. However, this is still good to know as one could end up wasting a lot of time promoting products like this. In this business, time is money!

Jamie_M, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  17. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting warning to people, and it is a shame if a lot of vendors are taking advantage of affiliates in this way, however if the vendor runs a clean list and doesn't overwrite your cookie then you can bet that conversions will increase.

I currently run a large traffic website on another affiliate network and the visits we get from our newsletter autoresponders convert at 6-7% (compared to 4% average on visitors just arriving on the site from google / natural sources). One off campaigns that we run - i.e. a one off Thanksgiving sale perhaps, usually convert even higher.

If someone joins an opt in list they are basically saying "I'm interested and I'd like more information (or a free sample)" - they are close to being a buyer, and through joining the opt in they gain a better education in the product, perhaps a sample, or free trial, not to mention offers, and discounts.

On our other webstore our best affiliates are ones who have sent traffic to us recommending people try our free gifts and samples. They are our best affiliates in terms of conversion rate, and their conversion rate steadily rises from 1-2% initially to 3-4% within a month as people go through our autoresponder, learn more about our products and receive discounts.

We don't steal sales or wipe off people's cookies, I'm not saying other vendors don't, but if you can find a vendor who runs an honest email list like this then it can be gold.

Dan Bainbridge, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  18. affiliate-expert

affiliate-expert Guest

Best Answers:
    i know that and i have try it, but we have anther solution, giveaway something to your visitor before see the sale page of vendor, create your own opt-in page and give something more intersting than vendor or give the same stuff!
    when you do that the visitor JOIN your list and can't join 2 list in the same time!!!
    this is much aff do!

affiliate-expert, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  19. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    You say that, and I take your point completely and I look at it that way myself, too, but at the same time you have to appreciate that in their mind, they're not "taking advantage of anyone", they're doing something which Clickbank allows them to do, and they regard it as perfectly legitimate.

As an affiliate, it doesn't suit me, so I have resolved that problem simply by no longer promoting any product with a vendor's opt-in on the sales page. The day I made that decision was the day I started making a living at this, after many months of not making a living at it. And for me it really was as simple as that.

But you can't really talk about these vendors as "criminals", because they are actually allowed to do what they're doing.

In their mind, if your prospect doesn't buy at his first visit to the sales page, but opts in, then he doesn't "belong" to you any more, he "belongs" to the vendor.

Fortunately, the solution is really easy. There are 10,000+ products there. Just avoid the ones you don't like. (I don't like the ones with an opt-in). ;)

alexa_s, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  20. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    lol,

i first wanted to ask alexa because i didnt understand what you all are talking about, but..now i do.

WELL OF COURSE - if you promote a site with an opt-in page, the vendor will build a list and send "irresistable" offers to the visitor - and he will care *** about your affiliate commission. Its as clear as chicken soup.

That being said, i will check a few of my sales pages....

GeorgR., Nov 26, 2009 IP