1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop Doing Off Page SEO!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by michaelreyes, Sep 2, 2013.

For all you beginner marketers out there who are buying links or creating links via article directories and blog comments you are wasting your time.

As someone who used to do SEO for 5 years I know what it feels to both succeed at it, and fail at it. Waiting around like an idiot for 6-9 months, and getting slapped by Penguin 2.0 almost gave me a heart attack!

Look, SEO should just be bonus traffic. Nothing more. Concentrate on media buys or creating YouTube videos for traffic.

This same principle applies to Yahoo and Bing. Nowadays only large websites like Wikihow and Wikipedia rank in the top ten.

I used to do blog network links, article directories, and even bought blogs with high PR to try to rank high in Google. Even made micro sites that were highly relevant to my keyword. But guess what? Didn't work.

The reason why I am writing this thread is so beginner marketers do not have to go through the same hell I did. SEO is a waste of time. It should only be bonus traffic.

Don't get the wrong idea though. If you are a blogger then doing on page SEO is always a good thing. But off page SEO? Screw it!

If you are going to blog then putting high quality content is a plus. SEO is only secondary.

I can tell you all kinds of traffic methods outside of Google SEO that is faster and sometimes even free! Let me know if you want to know what they are.

Anyways, hopefully that helps. Off page SEO in general is unethical anyways so just forget about it.

Hope that helps,

Michael Reyes

michaelreyes, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  2. kalpanasharma

kalpanasharma Member

Best Answers:
    off page seo is too much hectic and bore.

kalpanasharma, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  3. Flatliner86

Flatliner86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i just started a saas Project and was not sure of doing off page seo or not. But Marketing is hard and expensive. So what else to do to get People to your site?

Flatliner86, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. kalpanasharma

kalpanasharma Member

Best Answers:
    @Flatliner86 : as per your lines"But Marketing is hard and expensive. So what else to do to get People to your site?" without marketing you can't engage the people on your website.

kalpanasharma, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  5. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't tell me that search engine traffic is useless, your theory is good, I am so glad that you decided to focus on real traffic, but SE traffic is how you gonna be found most of the time, big guys can be on the top, but they are just people and they write articles, and you can do better writing articles then some of those people, you can still rank first for few keywords, that they didn't even think to write about, or didn't have the time to because they are not god.
    my friend, it's true links that you submit in comments and others are kind of useless, but when someone link you from a website and he really mean it, you get the love, so off-site linking is still useful as a traffic source too not only rank.
    imagine that you get a link to your site from wikipedia for a page that got 1 million traffic per month and 200k of them click the link on the bottom of wikipedia page to find you? who knows.
    why don't you write an article and try to prove your theory, that's how you make money, write things that you makes you go "YEAH! I figured it out".

wissam, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  6. usaquen

usaquen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link building is not dead... You just have to do it right.

There are plenty of natural ways to build links to your site, and these links help you rank well in the search engines.

I don't think we should consider search engine traffic as bonus traffic... I mean, for a lot of people it's over 50% of their overall traffic.

Google and other search engines are a great source of traffic. You just have to make sure you don't mess with them...

usaquen, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  7. michaelreyes

michaelreyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off Page SEO is pointless to have as your primary traffic source. If you want natural links to rank high in the search engines then promote using other methods, like YouTube or media buys.

8. KevinBrowne

KevinBrowne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Finally a thread that I love.

I have been doing SEO since 2003 with rock solid results.

Then these two slaps.

Now even SENuke is seemingly worthless.

One great tip I recently got was the creation of a YouTube network. This way you can have supporting videos powering up your main channel. It's Google proof. Now I create 5 support channels for every main channel I run.

Then I create simple videos using Camtasia.

My results have returned to happy times.

Hope this is food for thought out there.

KevinBrowne, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  9. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that most of the benefits you get is from on-page and content creation, so try working on on-page and content creation mainly... a wise keyword research would help a lot.

SERPpoint, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  10. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great reply wissam,
    I agree with you. It is always good not to buy any kind of links. If you are really concerned with building links, you can do it naturally/manually. The sites with which you want to build links must be of same category and high Page rank.

emn, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  11. michaelreyes

Best Answers:
    Like I stated before, building links in general is useless. You should only focus on on page optimization. The only way making links would be useful is if the place you are putting the link on can actually give you some type of referral traffic.

12. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well i believe nothing is worthless, If you are doing with a proper technique... Yes you tube and marketing source are good where as OFF Page link building using Directory, Articles, Guest posting, and social bookmarking is also still the great source to get the keywords on top and get the traffic from google.. I have write it down a book as who to get the traffic and how to be on top of google these a days, I can share the same with you guys free, I am getting the success by following those methods....

Do every thing that you know with dedication, It will give you the fruit for sure.

royalstar_23, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  13. michaelreyes

Best Answers:
    Look, I have been there and done that. The strategies that you just listed can get you to the second page, but that is about it. It still takes 6-10 months to get results, and usually it is only 50-100 page views a day. If you want that same amount of traffic fast then use media buys like classified ads or Bing Ads.

michaelreyes, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  14. royalstar_23

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I appreciate that, And yes you are right we get 50-100 page views ... But to buy ads like bing ads and classified, The traffic is temporary as long as we have the credit to the website we are getting traffic,.. Like we use adwords... It gives instant results but does they last long??

15. michaelreyes

Best Answers:
    Of course it lasts long. It is almost permanent if you know what you are doing. As long as you are making more than you are spending you should be fine. Having an email list that converts is a must if you want to succeed with PPC. Let me know if you want any help regarding this.

michaelreyes, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  16. Fletchov

Fletchov Peon

Best Answers:
    And I quote "Now even SENuke is seemingly worthless"

You people want to cut corners and do link building the easy way then yeah your not gonna rank for keywords. If you can be a smarter SEO then you will gain the benefits of natural search rankings coupled in with YouTube traffic, social media and so on... Off page SEO like SEO itself wont die out or become worthless its just becoming part of a algorithm Google have created that you need to follow to rank.

Fletchov, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  17. iamOD

iamOD Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sort of agreeing with you on this.

I hate the whole "inbound marketing" buzz but the overemphasis on links is too dangerous, time consuming and boring for me. I know people still spam and it works and they make bank. Well done. I don't actually want to be sat spinning articles, running bots, and training staff members how to do the same.

After seeing multiple businesses I work with get slapped by Google my new mantra is "No SEO, is good SEO". Sell a product, or high-ticket service and use paid advertising. Get your margins right and life is SO much easier. ;)

iamOD, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  18. royalstar_23

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes please, I will like to hear more from you.. Seems interesting...
    My experience with PPC was not good as i am in to adsense.. And per adsense terms we can not use adwords to that site on which we are using adsesne...
    I have used Facebook ads to my Facebook page i get the links but they were for few weeks as when my credit gets empty i was nothing worth for me.. The likes i get to my page was not that healthy too as i did not get the success from them,.... I am getting the users on to my sites from SEO only.. As few keywords are on to the top of google and i am getting the traffic

19. iamOD

iamOD Member

Best Answers:
    Therein lies your problem... Adsense.

Promote high ticket affiliate products (courses, seminars etc) and build micro landing page sites to capture an email. Use PPC to drive traffic to that "site" and then sell them on the back end. That's one way.

Another way is to have your own product (information, dropship, membership) and use PPC to drive traffic to your landing page.

The big secret is to test. Use Optimizely or some other landing page testing tool and change things to see what influences conversion rates (either email signup, lead, sale, etc).

Once you have the system in place it is SO much easier than SEO. And more profitable too, in my opinion.

iamOD, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  20. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with some points that 'going to blog then putting high quality content is a plus". Link Building is not dead and traffic from search engines is still great. The only matter is How we approach SEO? Its must be in good way.

I ask you one thing you said that SEO is just a bonus (that means still it's worth). If someone get 500 visitors to his blog or website with out doing any SEO then he do some SEO and gets additional 500 visitors. Is he want to stop SEO? Is he don't need this bonus?

anzilone, Sep 3, 2013 IP