1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stoning to death..Is it in Quran or is it in Bible?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Shah Bandar, Aug 28, 2006.

Warning!: This is not meant to be a thread of hate, instead, I started this thread to open the mind of some people who love to spread hatred about other religion...I hope after this people will stop arguing like small kids and learn how to think before talking...

OK, I've read so many threads about Muslim being considered as "barbaric" due to the "stoning to death" hadith. From my knowledge, there is no where in Quran with such thing. It can only be found in hadith that is "popular" among sunni and shiite sects while many other Muslims which is not in any of those sects completely rejected it.

But, the interesting part is, you can find such thing in Bible!!!!! So, I hope mr "know everything" can give me an answer to this. Even though, my understanding of Bible / Quran and other scriptures like Gita is different than many people..In this case I will pretend that I am just another noob with an average IQ and trying to understand Bible as how mr "know everything" understand Quran ...

So mr. "Know everything", please explain the verses below:

[Deuteronomy 22:23-24] If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel. If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death. the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

Leviticus 20:10-12
    10And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

geeez...death! death! and more death!!! where is the love??

Peace!

My love to the only god that is not limited to one religion...the ONLY one that has the right to judge!

Shah Bandar, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    the love is in the new testament, it sure isn't in the Quran. The QUran is a manual for mass murder.

Blogmaster, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  3. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    So, you are trying to say god decided to change his mind? Wow! I thought god is great and god knows everything...but I never know that god could change his mind too...So, tell me, are you telling me god couldn't stand still on his decision??? or perhaps...god used to be a cruel evil???? something like that??? Still, old testament or new testament, are you trying to say god used to be very cruel????

If that is the case, god isn't that lovely....A murderer is still a murderer, new or old... :)

or perhaps, the god in old testament died and been replaced by a new god who is less brutal..like that??

4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What does this have to do with anything?

Ok, you quoted a line from the Old Testament. And?

I hope you are not insinuating that death is just in the Bible. Go back and look at history. What we consider barbaric today was commonplace then.

Maybe I just missed the point of the post.

marketjunction, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  5. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    i'm not a muslim and i hate violence - but what you have just posted is a very unfair remark to the many good muslims around the world.

the violence you read everyday is not due to religion... it's due to territory.

daboss, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:

Or perhaps both are works of fiction :rolleyes:

yfs1, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  7. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    You know. This is going to come out wrong, but here it goes.

You started a thread hoping to stop people from hating. Yet, you just rambled on about something you obviously know little about. Perhaps you should revisit the purpose of your original post and clarify if it was to incite hate or prevent it, because your last post contradicts your first one.

8. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I am not insulting, read my first post...I am doing just like what some of the people here were doing...To understand my posts, try to read between the lines...

9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    There is one major difference though...Christians aren't stoning adulterers. So does it really matter there is an obscure reference in a book if the religion doesn't practice it (Instead would come out swinging against someone who did it and tried to say it was their religion)

yfs1, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  10. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Christians follow CHRIST. You know, the son of God. What you quoted was from the old testament and part of Judaism and the law of Moses. While Christians read the entire bible, they are not under the law of Moses. That's what the sacrificial lamb in Jesus Christ was for.

Through his stripes we are healed.

Again, by rambling on about something you are not 100% familiar with, you are inciting uprising from your inaccuracies.

Rather than worrying about what other people are "claiming" to be. Why not simply inform.

11. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    zarul shahrin it's obvious you want to add fuel to the fire...it would be wise for you not to...

sebastya, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  12. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Then answer my question,

1) Out of billion of Muslims out there, how many people stone other people to death??

2) Other than the 2 sects, sunni and shiite. Do you know that there are millions of Muslims who do not agree in things like hadith, war etc???

Sunni and Shiite are 2 major sects, but it doesn't mean everyone in ISLAM is Sunni or Shiite.

13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    My issue would just be the fact that those that say that don't actually speak out against the ones doing these things in the name of their religion. It isn't just stoning.

yfs1, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  14. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    How many Jews or Christians stone people to death out there? Please cite your sources. Go ahead and take your time, I'll wait.

15. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're missing the point, what I am trying to say is, there is only one god...let it be you're Christian,Muslim,Jews,Hindu or Buddhist.... Its all about how you interpreted something...For me, new law doesn't contradict the old law and so on...The law of gravity 100 of years ago will still be the same today....

Anyway, this is what I want to see.. you're angry..don't you?? when someone who doesn't really have much knowledge in something..suddenly jump in and trying to make your religion look bad...What do you think about other people here?? Especially muslims when seeing a lot of threads spreading hatred about Islam??

That is my point....Ohya, to make it clear, you have to read it in a sarcastic way.. :)

16. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The old testament is for study purpose and the reason for the coming of Jesus well explained.
    We're are children of the new testament and the fullfillment.
    You guys(muslims) are still lightyears behind.
    At least you should have come up with a original version of your beliefs and not a distorted version of the old testament.
    It just doesn't work.

Arnie, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  17. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    How could there be another "belief" when there is only one god?

18. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually some of them did, but like in hundred of years ago, where you would be burnt to death for having a different view than the majority....You will be stoned to death for "deviating" from their teaching...Anyway, things are getting better these days...people have started to open their mind especially when they are getting more educated... you see, that is why:

knowledge = god ! :)

19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    So why are you bitching about us rather then bitching about the people in your own religion that would burn someone to death for speaking out against extremists?

It seems you need to clean house first. You can say its a peaceful, god loving religion all you like but as long as you justify the murders of people based on religion, rightfully no one is going to listen.

yfs1, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  20. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    I do, that is why I have so many enemies right now...I have been labelled liberal/fundamentalist/ant-hadith muslim, satanist etc by many traditional muslims even at my place but I don't care though...

But, I can't be one sided... You see, all these started from hatred, A is calling B terrorist, B is calling A Satan... and people in the middle have to suffer...I personally, think we need to play our role on both part to be fair and to stop them from fighting...