1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stolen Content

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by simonspurr, Apr 18, 2010.

So I just did a copyscape check on one of my sites and am not too pleased with some of the results.

It appears that someone has taken the content from the home page of one of my sites and submitted it to an article directory, completely claiming it as their own and placing links to their site in the article. This article has been republished many times by other website owners who use this free content. Therefore, ultimately what has happened is that my homepage is no longer unique, but instead there are 10's of pages all with the exact same content - and on all of these pages is links to my competitors sites.

First question, how do I have an article removed from article base?

Second question, what am I able to do? Just make note, I have the URL of the site owned by the person who stole my content, and my site is the authority on this topic, established approximately 6 months prior to his site.

Edit: This incident has no affected the rankings or performance of my site, it is just annoying and wrong however to see someone else gain links and rankings from my site and my work.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    simonspurr, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to contact the article directory and give them the details. Some will delete the author's account and remove the article without further action. You will then need to contact every site running the article and request that they remove it. For the ones that don't remove it, you will need to file a DMCA with their host (which is only binding on US hosts).

mjewel, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  3. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would be very difficult to track down and let them delete those articles for you.
    if i'm in your situation i might probably concider revising my own content. :D

etc, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  4. dmca

dmca Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Simon, check out my profile. We can handle this for you.

dmca, May 4, 2010 IP