1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stocks vs forex which is better online investment?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by omashow, Mar 17, 2017.

Hello DP
    I'm a webmaster run some websites and my business is doing fine
    and i have some money i want to invest iy on online business other than websites
    I really very newbie to the world of stocks and forex i don't even know how both work
    I'm ready to learn and read a tutorial or a book about one of them
    but i want someone to just guide me to the better
    and i'm not american but i'm interested to buy some stocks of an American company is that possible for non American...
    and if yes how that
    best regards,

omashow, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  2. monica369

monica369 Member

Best Answers:
    You can try in Etoro. There you can buy shares of many famous companies all over the world. Or BTC and transfer them into dollars and by dollars in BTC. The minimum contribution was 200 $.

monica369, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  3. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both of them have risks. Forex is more volatile though, and can have higher risks. I have not traded with stocks yet, but I am investing in stocks for the long term. Stock investing still has risks, but then at least you won't have to worry much about short term volatility. Long term stock investing would mean looking at the bigger picture and seeing where your investment would be 5-10 years from now. It's also suggested not to put investment into one industry but to spread out--so you could invest in say telecommunications, oil companies, real estate companies, etc.

Milliardo, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  4. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why do you want to buy US stocks? Why can't you do this in your own country? I suggest you to look out in your own market.

eric_wahlberg, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  5. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion, you need to expand your website and invest more in websites because forex and stock both are risky.

David Jones42, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  6. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are 'kinda' risk-averse, investing in stocks is a more preferable option.

Anitasol, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  7. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're risk taker and you want challenge try Forex but keep in mind that its too risky for a foreigner like you. You may want to stay for now to stocks and weigh in the risks you might encounter the moment you join forex.

maurice.cowell, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Invest in property, stocks and forex are too flakey

sarahk, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Op. Buy stocks in your local economy. Use a platform that you trust.

First for learning, start paper trading. That is you write down how much you would have invested in company xxx, on what day, at what price, and see what happens. This way, if the share drops alot, you can see, wow, how much you would have lost, or how much you would have made.

IF you have $10,000 for invest?? Max you can put into shares is 10%. Why? Its about risk.
    In Australia, one share dropped suddenly from $7 per share, to $0.25. If you had $10,000 in that share, and didnt sell, be worth about $350. For $350, I would be out buying some rope....

This is why if you have $10,000; invest only 10% into shares. That way, if things go bad, you are only risking a max 10% of your wealth.
    Now, some shares that I have had, I had to wait for the price to go up. Things like really good reports, etc, can make the share double, but you need to wait. While you are waiting, the price might stay same, or drop slightly. if you need to sell due to bills, or something, then you could make a small loss. this is why you only invest 10%, then there is less pressure on you. You dont need to sell to pay for bills, etc.

Forex, or shares, I promise you will lose your first $1000, so be smart. Be careful, do your research, and take baby steps.
    If you have less then $10,000. then I recommend looking at other investment options, such as term deposits, or high interest earning accounts.

Be careful of taking advice from others. I have seen people screaming, losing $50,000 in a single day, of borrowed money. And it was people saying it will go up -> all those people that said that sold at high price (8cents), to people that thought it would go higher, then the shared halved(back to 4cents), so everyone that brought at high price, lost half, and after 1 year, price is still down between 3.5 and maybe 4.5 cents. I still check it from time to time.
    the share that dropped down to 25cents, at the 70cent mark, everyone was yelling that it going to go up, and up, and up, and get on the train.......... I watched it fall to 25cents. People were "conned", "scammed", "convinced" to buy in at 70 cents.

SO be very careful about advice you find. Everyone who has shares wants to buy low, and sell high. If they want your shares, they will tell you how bad your shares are, and if they want to sell their shares, they will tell you how good their shares are.

I would also like to say that as of right now, I have $0.00 invested in shares -> because the risk is getting too high, the world is crazy. I want you to be aware of the risks. Be smart, and be careful with your funds.
    i need to learn to type faster.
    This is the second time this week, that you beat me in a reply.

matt_62, Mar 21, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Equities (depending on the grade) are generally safer than Forex. There is no such thing as better online investment but rather how much you know that will enable you to maximize returns.

wisdomtool, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  11. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right now i'm testing a forex robot. So far so good...
    So i'd go with Forex but of course it's more volatile!

Elvis Wong, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  12. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am more familiar with forex than stock and I make good money with this

egoldzone, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  13. michalinaobrien

michalinaobrien Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Stock and Forex are both good. however, when you are planning to buy or invest make sure you have a knowledge in both markets. If you want to get along with the market trends, I think Contract for difference is perfect for you. CFD trading has become one of the most popular road for traders to exchange stocks, commodities, currencies, and indices over the Internet.

michalinaobrien, Jan 23, 2018 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For those completely lost, try etoro. It lets you invest in US stocks, commodities, and even cryptos.

You dont need to do the work at all. You "copy" a skilled trader of your choice, and your portfolio copies their trades. If they make 10% profit, you make 10% profit. If they make a loss... you make a loss.

Some traders make 100% profit a year... others 1000%. Honestly, 100% or more profit is normal there.
    Etoro does have an IQ test before you can add funds and get started. Dont take it personally if you cant sign up, (or if your entire country is blocked). Etoro actually encourages responsible investing and does not want just anyone signing up.

If you do sign up:
    - dont add funds until verified
    - research the people you plan to copy well.
    - dont copy open trades unless you want high risk, and you accept the risks.
    -be patient. If you copy new trades only, it can take a very long time before your money is invested 100%. Often for the first few months / you might not see much progress.

matt_62, Jan 23, 2018 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    from the pot into the frying pan...

• Does he know how to nego property deals?
    • Does he have the knowledge to fix up properties.
    • Make a bad deal, then your stuck with a property....

This isnt TV, where you see that crap "how to sell a property for million dollars.."
    This is real life, it were all that easy, then everyone would be doing it, right?
    those people you see on those property shows make it look all easy, but the truth
    is that they have a team of experts behind them doing stuff you never see...

If you are uneducated, then property investments are no safer, then any
    other investment platform that you may not be familer with; In fact,
    it is more risk, if you are uneducated then anything else; If you do
    not know your stuff, then just assume you are going to lose the
    investment as if you setup a business without planning first....

people that make big money with investments did not start doing this yesterday,
    they have been doing this for many years, and I am sure they had their share
    of losses also. It you cant take a loss, then no need getting into investments....

dscurlock, Jan 23, 2018 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Go to your local library and you'll find plenty of books
    Join your local property investors association and learn from their speakers and their members
    We've never suffered a loss with our investment properties
    Members of my family have lost a phenomenal amount of money with managed funds and the sharemarket.
    I'm still getting dribbles of cash from "distressed investments" that should have been sold when my mother died 6 years ago but because of their distress (and inevitably hers) they're still a burden. That same money, invested in real estate, could never have suffered the same losses.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2018 IP
  17. vats121

vats121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They both can be risky if you trade as a speculator as opposed to a business. If you want to treat either as a business, you need to operate as a business and not be a speculator. Education is key to both. Learn both systems and stick to a plan. Buy the appropriate tools to minimize losses ie appropriate software etc. Get the right tax structure in place and keep all records. Also, subscribe with brokers who can provide you with more education and tips.

vats121, Jan 25, 2018 IP
  18. uncia

uncia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FOREX is for trading, not investing. Many don't realize there are hidden costs, associated with holding currency position at a broker. Even if you go with low leverage, say 1:10, you are still essentially taking 10 times your invested money as a form of "loan" from the broker, for which you are charged a certain interest rate. It could happen, that the currency position moves in your favor, you still lose money because of the interest you pay.

For a beginner or risk averse person, the best way is to start with stock ETFs - exchange traded funds. This is a blend of several stocks together, so you have all your risks distributed. There are ETFs for all kind of things - industries, countries, technologies. Here is a list of top ETFs from yahoo finance website: https://finance.yahoo.com/etfs/

uncia, Jan 30, 2018 IP
  19. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I make good money from both forex and binary options..

egoldzone, Feb 25, 2018 IP
  20. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If someone wants to have crippled soul the same way Warren Buffet had entire life since he entered Stock market can consider this career option. I will rather stay in the field of Affiliate Marketing and developed writing skills also in fast years.

jaguar34, Mar 31, 2018 IP