1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stock Market

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Shazz, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sogastic

sogastic Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh. Really bad timing. Also it was down trend anyway. It would have eaten your dividends anyway :p.

sogastic, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  2. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yup... I just bought 1000 shares of e-trade yesterday at 4.10 :D

Shazz, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  3. geb9696

geb9696 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site that is all about the stock market. It is CollegeAnalysts.com if you want to take a look at it. I would be reluctant to invest based on what other people are telling me. With the market the best thing to do is research for yourself. Given the way the sub-prime mess has effected the market lately I would be very careful with what you buy into.

geb9696, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  4. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just made $1200+ today on e-trade :eek:

Im starting to get my money back:)

Shazz, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  5. sogastic

sogastic Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice job. Although, I couldn't find company e-trade.

sogastic, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  6. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ETFC ;)
    Now its going back down though.

Shazz, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  7. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made 7000$ From Elan (ELN) My portfolio was up to 12,000, and Now I lost a ton of money on several REITs Mortgage companies. I'm down to $1,400.

Remotay, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  8. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    And Apple (aapl) ftw.

Volknet, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  9. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't invest in any financials right now, especially if they are US-based. The dollar is fluctuating alot right now which is just killing the financial markets in the US.

Christian Little, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  10. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Apple maybe, Google no. Do you know how many shares you would have to buy from google to actually make anything... :eek:

Shazz, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  11. 114211

114211 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest:

Intel, Budweiser, and YUM

strike that, not Intel, but Coke

114211, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  12. holga

holga Guest

Best Answers:
    My father and I set up a company which we put most of investments through about 5 years ago.

We focus mainly on the mining and utilities sectors. Basically because these companies provide goods and services that consumers will always need. Then we have the few companies like MacBank and NewsCorp that we generally like and see as valuable assets to hold that we invest in as well.

What I'd been investing in:

Apple - iPhone and iPod. Theres still going through sales like crazy and the brand name itself now is worth everything.
    BHP Billiton: Would want to get a piece of the pie before it merges with Rio.

All the best.

holga, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  13. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with all of you, too expensive for those type of shares that you would need alot of it to actually make any revenue. And BHP jumps up and down pretty quickly :eek:

Shazz, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  14. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting alot of shares is easy if you are an option trader :) Alot safer too, it's the main way I invest.

My bank charges $9.95 per contract. So to make any kind of decent profit you need to make 9.95 / 100 = $0.095 per share profit needed. I set moderate goals usually on the call option (i.e. for a stock like MSN I would aim for $2-3 profit per share, which is acheiveable within a good timeframe and it needs me $200 when I execute it). The only risk is $10 when you first buy the contract, and you just have to keep a high running balance to execute your options.

Right now I have a call option on microsoft at $32. I was going to execute it when the stock shot up to $36, but I wasn't paying attention when it actually hit $37 a few weeks ago and now it's just hovering at $34. My contract is good until August 2008 though, so I can execute it between now and about 10 months from now. If I did it today, I'd make $200 but I'm waiting for it to hit $36 at least.

It only cost me $10 to get the contract, and it will cost me another $3200 to execute it, but I'll get back $3600-$3700 right away :)

Christian Little, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  15. holga

holga Guest

Best Answers:
    Unless you have a bid of money to play with :rolleyes:

I tend to disagree with BHP/Rio. There going to go up and down as long as this Rio takeover continues to be talked about. If nothing comes out of it sell as soon as you can. I think its worth holding on to some while the takeover talk is on.

What companies would you recommended shazz?

holga, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  16. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    buy E TRADE Financial Corp ETFC.O (NASDAQ) their going to get bought out for around $8 a share.

benpolska, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  17. snappingpig

snappingpig Banned

Best Answers:
    I invested in BUNM a few weeks ago but I'm into the sub-penny stocks. I made 400% gain in one day on this one (common for this stock) and $600 from a $150 investment. The details are on my stock forum in my signature if you want to see the graph and info I had up for it :)

This one may have another eruption in a few weeks and I'm throwing $600 in this time.

snappingpig, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  18. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    BUNM is at 0.00. how does that make any sense?

edit:

i have just read up a little on this company and i have no idea how they are a public company. i meant they have a facebook application that has 26 active users. my least popular facebook app have over 300 active users, on the other hand one of my more popular apps has 50k+ so does that mean i can go public too or what?

benpolska, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  19. snappingpig

snappingpig Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, BUNM is actually at 0.0002 right now, alternating between .0001 and .0004 every other month. I guess anyone can do that if they wanted. It's a very successful stock for me, but you may have to get used to sub-pennies for awhile. You got to know what your doing because it's a little different and faster than big boards!

snappingpig, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  20. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If i was you invest into the mining companies, they seem to be going up, check where they are at, at the moment but Rio Tinto, Vedanta, companies like these.

Will.

willyboy104, Nov 25, 2007 IP