1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Still using Taboola??

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Gary_Revcontent, May 19, 2016.

?

Which content ad network drives the best CPM?

1. Revcontent

2. Outbrain

3. Taboola

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Hey guys, I'm interested in learning about who still uses the older networks like Taboola in order to monetise their traffic??

I work for Revcontent on the Publishing side- I was part of the original ContentClick team who some of you on DP will be familiar with.

We were acquired by Revcontent at the end of 2015 and have been on a crazy growth journey ever since. With Revcontent's technology, ad-fill and targeting capabilities we've been able to pay our publishers much biggers CPMs and give them a big advantage in the market.

I'm interested in who still uses Taboola on here because virtually every publisher I speak to (big or small) seems to have strong opinions on the issue of performance.

To give you an idea, Revcontent CPM can been more than triple that of Taboola, sometimes more. After testing both networks, the CEO of Newsweek quoted that Revcontent had "tripled the return he was getting from Taboola" the full article is on adexchanger here. (http://adexchanger.com/platforms/revcontent-signs-newsweek-as-it-eyes-taboola-and-outbrain/)

Would be great to hear from any site owners with experience of monetising with content recommendation. It's something I live/Breath so I'd also be happy to share some top tips for driving up your CPM if there's anyone looking for some advice & to make their units perform better.

PS
    Feel free to PM or hit me up on email anytime,

Cheers!
    Gary

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Gary_Revcontent, May 19, 2016 IP
    Sam Beddall likes this.
  2. Egrift Inc

Egrift Inc Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What type of websites do you accept?

Egrift Inc, May 19, 2016 IP
  3. Gary_Revcontent

Gary_Revcontent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We accept legitimate site owners and content publishers, there is an approval process which I can guide you through - for approval we look at editorial/content quality, traffic quality, and monthly volume (less than 1m impressions per month may struggle to get through) - PM me if you need help applying

Thanks

Gary_Revcontent, May 20, 2016 IP
  4. dave-london

dave-london Member

Best Answers:
    I was with ContentClick then Sam recommended Revcontent when you guys got bought.

Initially, the clicks went through the roof and the rates were vry good, not as good as CC though if you compare the £ to $ CPM rates , but because of the increased clicks my earnings obviously went up.

Then things died for a bit and I decided to try Taboola, what a load of kack they are and I got rid after a couple of weeks.

Went back to RV and click rate still good and CPM has risen back slightly.

Overall I'm quite pleased with them, and now you pay monthly by Paypal even better.

Have tried MGID and Content.ad, felt they were very spammy/adulty and no good for my site.

Would dearly love the rates to go back to when I 1st moved over to you guys!

dave-london, May 22, 2016 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had applied for revcontent with my blog in signature. But they always did not approved me. Now I have applied for taboola and let see what happend.

iwebsocial, May 29, 2016 IP
  6. Morale

Morale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How reliable is Revcontent? When I google it I found many posts online saying that it sends intrusive ads to users like this one.
    http://www.icleansoftware.com/how-to-remove-revcontent-ads/
    Is that true?

Morale, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  7. Tharindu Gallage

Tharindu Gallage Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i'm using adhexer. it's best than this one

Tharindu Gallage, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  8. Gary_Revcontent

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, thank you to all who've contributed and asked questions here.

Huffington Post have published detailed articles about Revcontent, why we are trusted by the biggest brands in publishing - also talking about our technology and the industry as a whole - check it out:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2016/03/09/how-revcontent-grew-into-a-content-innovation-powerhouse

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-choros/how-content-recommendatio_b_12443458.html

Don't hesitate to PM me - drop me a personal email if you'd like to be apply for partnership, .

Cheers
    Gary

Gary_Revcontent, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  9. dave-london

dave-london Member

Best Answers:
    Revcontent has gone to pot, last month UK based website, 1,714 clicks, $0.03 per click, RPM $0.10, $54.00 earnings.
    Got rid of you guys now, not worth having you on!

dave-london, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  10. Gary_Revcontent

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave - There are only a handful of factors which affect your RPM performance; Your traffic's quality/source, placement of the unit & content filters.

If you want to email or PM me with your URL, I'm happy to take a look and recommend some improvements/ run through the causes & effects with you.

We are the only truly transparent content recommendation network, so it's really easy to see why you're earning less or more at any given time

Again my email is , happy to help anytime wether you are new (would like to apply) or if you need help improving performance of existing ads, like Dave

Thanks
    Gary

Gary_Revcontent, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  11. Bhavna Malhi

Bhavna Malhi Member

Best Answers:
    I am working with adhexer. It is a good one. You can try it.

Bhavna Malhi, Nov 4, 2016 IP