1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Still failing, miserably :(

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Dan03, Feb 27, 2014.

I've been trying everything I can to get some small amount of profit out of adsense but no matter what I do it never seems to work :( I've optimized my ads pretty well (in my opinion) but I'm still only getting 0.14% CTR. I know my CPC will always be low because my topic is about hitchhiking and travelling with very small amounts of money but at least I should be able to get my CTR up no? Does anyone have any advice? Or should I start looking for alternative advertising programs?

A good example of how I set up my ads can be seen on this page:
    http://thestupidforeigner.com/europe/5-things-to-do-in-bucharest-romania/

Thanks for any advice at all!

Dan03, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First, your traffic sucks and so does your site. I get more traffic on a site I created a week ago.
    Second, try something different than adsense for you site. Maybe CJ.
    Last, the FB application constantly asking me to sign in is just annoying as heck. Every page, really??
    I couldn't wait to leave you site, your BR must be 99.86% which explains the 0.14% ctr.

You want my advice, put more pics of foreign girls, less pictures of drunk dudes and cows, and sign up for another ad network.

Lex350, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The ad placement in my opinion is not very good :
    put a 336x280 in a div float:left just before your article content.
    add at least one link unit just below your header.

JamesColin, Mar 7, 2014 IP