1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Still displaying public service ads

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by TheWebJunkie, Mar 17, 2005.

Hello guys today i have launched the 2nd in a series of sites :)

Soon i hope to build a network of sites that earn me $500/month from adsense, i hope to have achived this by the end of the year :D

Anyway my new site http://www.nomorelimits.net

I have adsense on it, but its only displaying public service ads, there will be no more content added to the site, does anyone know how i can get different ads to display?

TheWebJunkie, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  2. Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers Peon

Best Answers:
    Google indexes your website and follows all links it encounters then. And when a page is requested and the page URL that displays the google ads is within the google database then google looks for ads relevant to your page. However as your page is completely dynamic google can't possibly index all possible pages that can ever be displays as that means google needs to index the entire internet once more.

So you will keep public service ads as long as your page url stays dynamic. You might have a look at using frames for your website or convert the dynamic part of your url to be given with the post system rather then get so you will keep a default URL for your page. Perhaps have an iframe on the actual dynamic page where you have a static page which contains some info about your service as well as the google ads. In that way you can give advertisement in relation to that non dynamic information text.

From what I understand as a new member from how google works you can not bypass this problem otherwise.

Simon Donkers, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  3. bustour

bustour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's showing real ads to me.

bustour, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  4. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting real ads as well. good luck on your goal!

wendydettmer, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  5. Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers Peon

Best Answers:
    To Bustour and Wendydettmer, the website is an easy to use proxy server. It does give ads for the opening page as could have been expected however if I look for my own website then that one is not yet indexed so it won't show up ads. I just had a quick test and if you visit through this proxy a popular website such as google then it is showing advertisement. Appearently there have been people that visited google through this proxy before so that the website was logged to google. However if you try to visit a small unknown website then that one is not known by google so you will not get advertisement. At least that is the case for me. Try to go with that proxy server to a website which most people do not know about.

At least that is how I interpretate that this site should be working. Might be that google simply can't give me useful ads based on my geographical location.

Simon Donkers, Mar 17, 2005 IP
    david_sakh likes this.
  6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I was aware it was a proxy server, just wasn't aware that his problem was on pages done after the search (i should have tried though, would have made sense).

I tried my lil site, got psa's, tried apple.com and got psa's. However, the adsense from my own website were not showing when i used this service.

wendydettmer, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  7. hanyixin

hanyixin Peon

Best Answers:
    I see the real ads, and I think the ads is using high paid keyword. :)

hanyixin, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  8. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    welcome to the forums simon, I'm sure you remember me! :D

david_sakh, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WebJunkie,
    My corporate filter (WebSense) blocked me from accessing your "Surf the net anonymous, bypass college & work firewalls" link as a "Web Based Email site". Sounded good though.

tbarr60, Mar 17, 2005 IP