1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stiffed by a Writer here on DP; What do you writers think?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by edzachary, Sep 28, 2009.

1. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhhh, I beileve that textczar was merely making a point on why edzachary was paying that much.

What is this person's name, and url, edzachary?

PhilipR, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. DocuMaker

DocuMaker Active Member

Best Answers:
    edzachary, my best advice to you and everyone else here is to never pay for services without a written contract. If expensive, hire an escrow service.

DocuMaker, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  3. Yogagirl

Yogagirl Peon

Best Answers:
    This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm a professional copywriter and marketing consultant. You mentioned that you write and edit for a living, but you mentioned no one here could afford your fees. As a professional writer, you should know better than to hire a hack writer. No offense, but you should have known better and asked for a contractual agreement. Do you work for clients without a contract?

It seems to me like you are sending a mixed message/double standard. You basically aren't helping us other pro writers by hiring hacks for your websites, yet you sit there and complain that you got ripped off by this woman. What did you expect? How can you operate 40 websites and write and edit for a living? I own a marketing and copywriting business and there is no way I could run 40 websites on top of that (unless you are super human).

There are a lot of contradictions in your post and if anything, you should be hiring professional writers because YOU ARE a professional writer/editor. It's obvious that you'd rather just have "content" at low prices rather than hire quality writers. Wow, you're a hypocrite. You wouldn't lower yourself to write for peanuts, but you have no qualms hiring writers who spew out crappy articles for your 40 websites.

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of sympathy for you. I don't have a lot of respect for a fellow "professional" writer who doesn't practice what he preaches. Now I know why I stayed away from Digital Point for awhile. Yikes!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    Yogagirl, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    No name, huh?

I now take this thread with a grain of salt.

PhilipR, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  5. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    There is definitely a use for cheaper copy, especially for certain kinds of sites where keyword saturation and such is more important than readability. While we all like to think that superior content wins every time, it isn't always the case.

Whether the OP "practices what he preaches" is beyond me since I didn't see him preach anything. He says his rates are higher than most are able to afford. I can appreciate that. He wants to put inexpensive, possibly poorly written content on his network of sites, that's his prerogative. It might be all the content he actually needs.

There are many clients who run the gamut of sites. Some are blog farms for links, others are content sites for adsense and others are top-tier marketing site. All can benefit for top-tier content, but there is only high value in that content for the top sites.

internetauthor, Oct 20, 2009 IP