1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sticky Post Or Static Home Page -- Which is Better from SEO Standpoint?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by lyndatreb, May 30, 2010.

I have a review of a product on my blog and I'm trying to rank for keywords containing the actual product name. From an SEO standpoint, would it be best to have a separate page set up for that review and have my blog posts on a different page or should I make it a "sticky" post with my blog posts following?

Thanks

lyndatreb, May 30, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter. An individual blog post has it's own URL, and own backlinks. It doesn't matter where on your blog it is as long as it's accessible.
    If you want placement for the most possible views, and considering if most of your traffic enters on your home page, then you would most like want it to be a sticky or link to it from your home page.

But for SEO purposes. It doesn't matter where it is on your blog, SEO is about where it is in the SERPS.

hmansfield, May 30, 2010 IP
  3. lyndatreb

lyndatreb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much. I've had a really hard time getting a straightforward answer to that question and what you're saying makes total sense.

Thanks again

lyndatreb, May 30, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    On one of my blogs, 2 of my most popular posts rank decently and draw traffic and they are waaayyy back in the archives. One is from 2008, the other from Sept of last year.
    It doesn't matter where they are, as long as the URL stays the same.

hmansfield, May 30, 2010 IP
  5. That-Guy

That-Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep agreed with what has been said. I have never used a static page on the front of My Blog. The sitemap I have submitted in Google Webmaster Tools ensures all posts and pages are crawled :)

That-Guy, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't think so that there is much difference between Sticky Post and Static Home Page.

DON.

deluxdon, Jun 5, 2010 IP