1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sticking a lot of RSS feeds in my wordpress blog causes the blog to load really slow

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by iul, Jan 27, 2011.

I have an issue: Sticking a lot of RSS feeds in my wordpress blog causes the blog to load really slow. And I mean really really slow...something like 30 seconds or more. Sometimes it just times out. I use bluehost to host it. Do you have any idea what I could do to fix this?

iul, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    First I would like you to tell us what you mean exactly by "sticking a lot of RSS feeds in my blog". Stuck them where, how, with what? We are not mind readers.

Dodger, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are accessing a lot of external sources from your web server it will increase your webpage loading time significantly.

micksss, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. Stop loading so many RSS feeds or upgrade your hosting to a dedicated server. I'm guessing you are on shared hosting. You can't do all of that on shared hosting. So stop with the feeds, or upgrade. That's the answer.

hmansfield, Jan 28, 2011 IP