1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Step-by-Step help with Shopify

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by eGrizzly, Oct 24, 2017.

Is there anybody here that has good experience with Shopify? I've heard its a low-cost way to get into the ecommerce business. If possible would like a step-by-step breakdown on what to do to start the business.

My current knowledge base is FBA but from my calculations it'll take me at least $600 bucks to get off and running...a sum I don't have right now.

eGrizzly

eGrizzly, Oct 24, 2017 IP
  2. Jasehunt33

Jasehunt33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey eGrizzly,

I can help give you a bit of a step by step walkthrough of shopify.

I found it very easy to set up and spent $0 to start it. I’m a little bit confused when you say it will cost you $600. Just to clarify so I can best help you out

What kind of products did you want to sell?

Are you looking at the drop shipping business model?

What does FBA stand for?

When you say you want a step by step break down can you elaborate please? Are we talking about setting up a business legally as well or just shopify?

See you on the field
    Jase Hunt
    Halftime Marketing

Jasehunt33, Oct 24, 2017 IP
  3. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm very serious in starting an online business however I understand things better when they're put in a step-by-step outline. FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) is another online business which is very profitable but it needs an overhead of about $600 in my end to get started.

I been told by many that Shopify would not cost nearly that much. So then I was researching for places or people that could give me a step-by-step on how they started selling successfully. I did brainstorm some steps, but can you add things I'm missing or put them in the correct order.

- Research profitable product niche
    - register website
    - promote and market site
    - manage competition
    - product pricing
    - reaching suppliers?? if applicable
    - setup blog?
    - hire a service to help with the site
    - pick tools to help manage the business easier.

eGrizzly, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  4. Jasehunt33

Jasehunt33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much it mate! See below for step by step order. I’ve restructured it for you

- Research profitable product niche

- complete your customer avatar, who is your perfect customer and where do they hang out? What social platforms do they use?

- complete a customer value journey worksheet. How will you guide your site visitors through your store to completion of a purchase

- register website

- build site (what core pieces of content will you need for your site? Will you include videos?)

- select your technology stack (email auto responder for follow up sequences, landing pages and one click upsells)

- set up blog (setting up your blog early makes it easier to lead with value as opposed to our and out selling on social media)

- create a blog content planner (this way you know what content is next up for you to complete

- manage competition (focus on being you and not focusing on what your competitors are doing. Draw inspiration from what has worked well and not so well)

- research suppliers - Alibaba or Ali express is a couple options

- product pricing

- create a sales funnel with lead capture, one click up sells, down sells (think of McDonalds, would you like fries with that)

- promote and market site (I would alter this to say focus on getting your first sale)

- decide on branding of packaging - create a memorable unboxing experience for your customer. This will also help you reach out to influencers on social media by getting them to film it

- hire a service to help with the site (look at this later down the track)

- pick tools to help manage the business easier.

- keep good financial records

I would look at hiring people later down the track- right now you need to focus on your business, the message you want your brand to be putting out there. This will help convey your message towards an agency or whatever kind of outsourced service.

On top of what you’ve been told about shopify, they also have an amazing collection of helpful resources such as free webinars about drop shipping, helping you find the right product to sell and a whole bunch more. I highly suggest you use shopify because of this. At the end of the day there are a lot of business models out there. You just need to decide on the right one for you.

I hope this helps you and others looking for clarification. I hope o haven’t bombarded you with information overload haha Let me know if you want more info. Always happy to help

Jase Hunt
    Halftime Marketing

Jasehunt33, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  5. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great, wow. Thanks JaseHunt !!! Of course I'm going to seek an additional step-by-step for each of those individual bullet points. that's how I'm most effective. Comprehensive courses that give detailed steps on those bullet points are pretty expensive I hear so I'll hunt for the answers here and across the internet or hunt.

eGrizzly, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  6. Jasehunt33

Jasehunt33 Peon

Best Answers:
    All good EGrizzly.

I could point you in the direction to where I learnt how to do all this it’s actually quite affordable... not to sure if that will violate the rules of this forum though...

As I said though shopify has heaps of free resources to help you get started. You just have to get started. Don’t procrastinate on it.

Good luck!!! Keep us updated on your progress!

Jasehunt33, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  7. integritysites

integritysites Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Always think of ROI - $600 is nothing in business. Find the money like I did $7k in a mentor now stores hitting $500-600 a day in pod and dropshipping.

integritysites, Nov 17, 2017 IP