1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stele of Naram-Sin King Depicted as a Living God

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by securesite, Jun 19, 2011.

[​IMG]

Quick Background:
    Steal of Naram-Sin was designed in the Mesoptamian era by the Akkadian Empire!
    The Akkadian Empire lasted from 2350-2100 B.C.E.
    King Naram-Sin ruled his empire for forty-six years!
    The Steal of Naram-Sin dates back to 2230 B.C.E.
    The akkadians ruled over the land of Akkad.
    Language mixed between Hebrew and Arabic.

[​IMG]
    The Stele Itself:
    The king is portrayed as a living god in the stele. This is the first time in Mestopian Art this was ever seen! We can tell by the fact hes wearing a horned helmet traditionally symbolized with gods.

He is depicted at the top level of zagros mountain, larger then life with at least three bodies under his feet. He is holding a ax and bow. One spear is piercing the other kings neck while the last enemy begs for mercy.
    He now know many text books thought those were stars above is head but in fact they were solar disks! The Akkadians worshiped the sun god. The triangle pattern was meant to represent buildings built by the Akkadians. He is depicted as climbing to the heavens above.

My Main Point for digital point and why I think its interesting to the Bible is below:

Naram-Sin was who? The Bible Genesis's own Nimrod?

Naram-Sin was considered to be the king of the four corners of the universe. Not even his great grandfather Sargon could behold such a honor only referred to as king of Kish. This was because under Naram-Sin the Akkadian empire was at its peak.

Some say the bible itself depicts Naram-Sin as Nimrod son of Cush great grandson of Noah and king of shinar. Nimrod was depicted as a man of power in earth, and a mighty hunter. He was rebellious to god. Genesis said in the beginning of his kingdom were the towns of Babel, Akkad, and Calneh in land of shinar (Mesopotamia).

Nimrod ruled over Akkad and built Babel.

Whats your thoughts?

securesite, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  2. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nimrod was great grandson of Noah. A great hunter which Naram-sin carried a bow.

The Bible does not mention any meeting between Nimrod and Abraham, although a confrontation between the two is said to have taken place, according to several Jewish and Islamic traditions. Some stories bring the both together in a cataclysmic collision, seen as a symbol of the confrontation between Good and Evil, and/or as a symbol of monotheism against polytheism. On the other hand, some Jewish traditions say only that the two men met and had a discussion.

3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    None whatsoever, sorry.

JamesColin, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  4. securesite

Best Answers:
    Well it looks like according to Genesis 10, Noah had three sons:
    Ham, forefather of the southern peoples (Hamitic)
    Shem, forefather of the middle peoples (Semitic)
    Japheth, forefather of the northern peoples (Japhetic Eurasia)

Ham's descendants
    Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish.

Nimrod was son of Cush.

This would mean that Nimrod built Babylon which could be babel if you read above.

5. securesite

Best Answers:
    I just thought I would start this thread on religion but if nobodys interested I will let this thread die.

securesite, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I tried to answer you but honestly firstly I don't believe that there is a god, but your topic is about some detail in the story which I have a hard time getting interested in.

I'm sure there are many believers on DP forum, they only can talk with you about your topic, why they don't do it I'm not sure but I think it is too complex, they prefer to stick to the "god exists" / "no it is pure invention" debates going on forever and ever on the forums.
    You may have better luck discussing about that on forums really devoted to religion with 100% believers as members.

JamesColin, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  7. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a creative post. I wonder what would the world be today with all those ancient Gods if Christianity didnt take over 1600 years ago.

thesickearth, Jun 21, 2011 IP