1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Steal Your competitors Backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Sean Gugerty, May 18, 2018.

Just a quick infographic I made for when you Steal Your Competitors Backlinks
    I am quite lucky within my niche because my competition is web developers. Although they are pretty resourceful and raise the bar in difficulty, they definitely go for some pretty easy to acquire backlinks.

As a result of harvesting my competitors links, I've actually finally begun to seriously build some solid links and begin gaining DA! I hope this helps someone and Good luck in your SEO endeavors!
    [​IMG]

Sean Gugerty, May 18, 2018 IP
  2. Janice Wald

Janice Wald Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    1. You have a gorgeous infographic.
    2. You wrote about competitors' backlinks. I've never understood how to do that analysis or why I'd want to.
    3. You mention forums in your infographic. As soon once I've started here can I put links in my threads? Thanks.

Janice Wald, May 18, 2018 IP
  3. Sean Gugerty

Sean Gugerty Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) Thank you! :)
    2) There are a few different websites that provide toolkits to analyze a domains backlinks basically what you do is you search your target keywords in Google and identify what websites are ranking at the top. then you take those websites and you use one of these websites, most have free tools that are limited but still provide good insight:
    • Moz
    • SEMRush
    • SEOReviewTools
    • Majestic
    3) Every forum is different. The rules if I have read them correctly here is that an account can begin posting links after 3 regular members have liked your posts/content. I've been on forums that would jump on you quickly for outbound links to your domain period, and I've had some that were ok with it so long as the content is relevant.

Even if a forum doesn't allow outbound links, quite often the profile will allow you to put your domain in your profile and you'll still acquire the backlink that way.

Sean Gugerty, May 19, 2018 IP
  4. przemkom

przemkom Peon

Best Answers:
    Stealing competitors backlinks is good strategy. I do this with ahrefs, but Semrush is also great tool.

przemkom, May 26, 2018 IP
  5. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stealing competitors backlinks and find the good one is a good strategy. SEO Spyglass is the best tool for this.

Sumit_Singh, Jun 1, 2018 IP
  6. Brad Batborf

Brad Batborf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    People always forget about Ahrefs. Their "Top Pages" tool is equally brilliant for repurposing competitor content and making it your own.

Brad Batborf, Jun 17, 2018 IP
  7. reydesign

reydesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just starting out as a web developer and I'm new to SEO. I see some of my competitors blogging and posting to social media using similar infograhics to the one you've used. Are you using Photoshop or something like that to make the infographic?

reydesign, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  8. JarrettHolmes

JarrettHolmes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahrefs is my #1 go to for this!

JarrettHolmes, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  9. zlnbrg

zlnbrg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, It's a great strategy! I use Moz to export all my competitors' backlinks, after that, I choose websites with high DA and little spam score.

zlnbrg, Mar 21, 2019 IP