1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Steal rankings and traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dakar, Mar 4, 2005.

Let's say a competing website has the domain greatwidgets and you run bestwidgets, what do you 'spose would happen in the SERPS if a person was to target the anchortext 'great widgets' for links to bestwidgets? Think with enough BL's you could blow greatwidgets out of the #1?

dakar, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    fryman, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... totally depends on the phrase. But given an infinite number of resources, you could beat anything. You could beat www.google.com for "Google" if you had enough links.

digitalpoint, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  4. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:

When do we start?

Yahoo
    MSN
    Google

Meybe we should try that (look closely at the links) :) :D

kalius, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have removed a local competitor for a small geo targetted term for their company name. They screwed a client I referred to them, so I now get most of their traffic...

NewComputer, Mar 4, 2005 IP
    Lever likes this.
  6. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    So it's not a completely new idea, a few slightly competing sites I'm considering blowing away just for S&G's. Looking at their current indexed pagecount and backlinks they are small beans. But should be good for a laugh or two, not to mention the 'piss'em off' value.

Going after google could be a fun project with enough people's aid we could probably do it for a little while anyhows. ;)

Come on PR update! Being stuck at the cap for coop weight/PR for too long now.

dakar, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  7. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dakar, "the piss em off value"

Oh hell yes!

Regardless of the financial gain thats a truly great achievement... you are speaking my language. (hears eco of the prosecution reading this post aloud!!!)

Dominic, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  8. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't that what it's all about? I get a nasty gram at least weekly from competing forums and sites that have been around for years and years, wanting to know what the hell I've done to manage to steal away #1 ranking for all of what they claim WERE dozens of 'their keywords' hahahhaha from an itty bitty little forum that has only been running for 6 months. Now to really piss'em off and try to steal away top ranking for their targeted domain name driven keywords. No profit from this venture, just for fun, but long term, build it up big enough were I can use it to power up some real $$$ making ventures later.

Judge - "Baillif please gag Dakar so he'll quit antagonizing the plaintiffs and read the complaint" LOLOLOL

dakar, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  9. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks folks you were indeed correct, site jumped from no placement to #3 for the targetted domain name, which currently holds #1 and #2, but I see this as a very temporary arrangement with G. This is way too much fun :)

dakar, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  10. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate the term "stealing". I like to look at it as me know more about SEO than most of my competitors.

justtara, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  11. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ;-) good job... we all do it... I know I have and will always try to do it. that is what it is all about.

Juls, Mar 10, 2005 IP