1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stay away from Giga International

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by c44, Sep 20, 2010.

1. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Good we are aware...

janinjackson, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info......

yester123, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. collins_usa

collins_usa Peon

Best Answers:
    Giga-Hosting offers you the chance to order a 1 Gbit/s port for your dedicated server and charges you for this service an extra 49.99 EUR per month. In their terms and conditions is stated that during 2:00 and 11:00 UTC+1 there are no restrictions in using this allowed bandwindth. But in the reality when you use it just for one day during the allowed time, your port gets blocked to 100 Mbit/s because if you are continuously using 1 Gbit/s you are probably performing some "abuse" activity in their sick mind, in other words the standard bandwidth consumption is always bellow 100 Mbit/s in their opinion: if it's so, why selling at 49.99 EUR a 1 Gbit/s port if you cannot use it? This is really a dishonest behaviour from Giga-Hosting, this is cheating and stealing your money for a service that you can never use at the end. Please distrust this company and all the Germans, the most selfish and false people on this planet: no sorprise that nazism and illuminati started in such a terrible country like Germany and in particular in Bavaria, the region where also Giga-Hosting is headquartered.

collins_usa, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  4. dumshi

dumshi Peon

Best Answers:
    I only joined them 2 weeks ago.
    Got one of their midrange V-Servers.
    Extremely happy.
    Will go for their Dedicated Machine once this one runs out.

I was recommended by one of my other friend.
    In total, i know about 60 other contacts who are using Giga's Dedicated Machine or V-Servers and are extremely satisfied.
    I have also used leaseweb, ubservers(never again), kimisufi, velia.

Since, i was new, i tried google if there are any known issues with this hosting company and ended up in this post.
    I was bit shocked to see aggressive nature shown by clients.

@c44: Mate, 99% of the hosting company WON'T let you use their Nameserver. Unless you buy domain from them.
    By your reply and ignorance, it seems you don't know what you are doing. Other then copy/paste website using cPanel.
    Also, they don't provide EMERGENCY SERVICE on V-Servers. If you require one, it is available for Dedicated Servers.

@collins_usa: What is the type of application you are using that requires 1Gbits port ??
    I haven't seen any web-service that requires that kind of bandwidth other then Torrents, Proxy or TOR.
    Like all service provider, they have right to downgrade ports if abused.
    What where you running on the server ??

dumshi, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  5. coolirc

coolirc Peon

Best Answers:
    lol i very liked this discussion about that hosting service i was viewing a thread about someone asking for a good vps hosting and 2 people replied with each hosting they used and prefer the most when i was googling i found that thread and i laughed about the way c44 said this so i liked to reply my advice :)

Robert, take the 150 euros as a donation. With such practices I am sure you will not be in business for very long and it seams you need them more than I do.

haha
    good one :)

and for collins they should call there selfs not Giga-Hosting but kilo-Hosting and Fee-hosting . everything you add is a setup fee lol.

coolirc, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. energetic

energetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is a good choice for cheap vpa if u dont mind the quality

energetic, Dec 9, 2012 IP