1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

STAY AWAY from freelancer.com. They are currently in the process of scamming me from 500 USD.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jag1, Feb 22, 2017.

Hello

Sorry, i know this is a very wrong forum section for this post but I have no idea in what section it belongs, so please move it to the correct one.

I get the sense that alot of users on DigitalPoint use freelance-sites or want to start. I am so very irritated and I feel so helpless in this case but I will try my best to win it. I dont want anyone else to encounter this. I think the only way to avoid things like this is to STAY AWAY from them. Sad but true.
    They earn big amounts of cash from you as a freelancer, and then they go behind your back stealing 500 USD and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it.
    I have no idea what to do next. I have been in contact with my lawyer but I am awating freelancer.coms next answer before I start using his help.

jag1, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  2. 444444

444444 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They ripped me off for $50 once. Took 2 weeks of fighting to get it back. I recommend anyone to not deal with thse guys

444444, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So the website is scamming you?
    Or a service provider you hired through the site?

What is their claim?
    Are they pursuing you through the courts or what?

sarahk, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  4. terry-j

terry-j Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, sorry to hear that. Stick to your guns, and you should come out on top.

terry-j, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  5. iowawriter4hire

iowawriter4hire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear you've been scammed on that site, but also glad you shared this with us so others can decide if they'd like to steer clear of them or give them the benefit of the doubt. I had rotten luck there too, as I ended up falling for a scam job my second day being there. Luckily no money changed hands, and the scamployers were banned. For me, it was the last strike against them in my book, and I quit later that week.

iowawriter4hire, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  6. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get a lot of newsletters emails from Freelancer.com. I didn't know a legitimate company like Freelancer would scam freelancers.

Zirkon Kalti, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Coming here calling them "scammers", urging everyone to avoid them is NOT the best way to "win it".

In the same sentence you're saying "I am helpless" and "been in contact with my lawyer". Maybe you need a new lawyer?? What lawyer would jump on this case anyway knowing fully well he'll be going against a multi-million dollar company with its own lawyers and resources that can't be matched by your or any lawyer?

The bottom line is if a user on freelancer scammed you, you shouldn't accuse the entire company of doing shady business.

qwikad.com, Mar 1, 2017 IP