1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stats by Page Or Ad Unit Impressions Now

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by a389951l, Apr 5, 2005.

Not sure if I missed a thread on this already but when I was checking my stats I noticed that they can be displayed to show by page impression or by ad unit impression. Cool. :)

a389951l, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Best new feature is that channels now show real stats, no need to wait 2 days any more.

fryman, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow.

How do ad unit impressions compare to page impressions?

There's a new option in your reports that allows even more accuracy in your tracking. We've introduced the concept of 'Ad Unit Impressions' to complement the current 'Page Impressions' in your reports.

Until now, your AdSense 'page impressions' reflected the number of times the AdSense code was triggered. This meant that multiple ad units on a page would log up to 3 'page impressions' in your reports, when only a single page view had taken place in a user's browser.

Page impressions are now just that - the number of page views we detect. Ad Unit Impressions are the new name for the old behaviour: one impression logged for each ad unit shown.

https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=17763

mjewel, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
  5. TheWebJunkie

TheWebJunkie Banned

Best Answers:
    about time google did real time stats :D

Thanks G

TheWebJunkie, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Another nice thing that is new, is it remembers what you were last looking at... rather than always defaulting to just the one line for "Today".

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do ad unit impressions compare to page impressions?
    There's a new option in your reports that allows even more accuracy in your tracking. We've introduced the concept of 'Ad Unit Impressions' to complement the current 'Page Impressions' in your reports.

Until now, your AdSense 'page impressions' reflected the number of times the AdSense code was triggered. This meant that multiple ad units on a page would log up to 3 'page impressions' in your reports, when only a single page view had taken place in a user's browser.

Page impressions are now just that - the number of page views we detect. Ad Unit Impressions are the new name for the old behaviour: one impression logged for each ad unit shown.

I just like it

Arnie, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  8. rsbombard

rsbombard Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it as well, noticed the change this morning, didnt even realise until I saw the huge jump in CPM, was still half asleep. Google must be feeling the pressure from Yahoo's upcoming contextual advertising program, and are trying to keep there publisher's happy.

Keeping me happy so far, though ill be trying Yahoo anyways to see how it performs.

rsbombard, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am also happy that I can remove some old channels that I no longer use.

Lots of good improvements!

Will.Spencer, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Yeah, cool new features although I almost laid an egg when I first looked at my traffic stats this morning and saw they had dropped by a third, heh.

mcfox, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  11. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah really happy about removing old channels and the somewhat realtime chanel data. Its gonna be very hard for Y & MS to catch up now .. G is really pushing the bar with new features everywhere.

payoutwindow, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  12. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nice features, more realistic data.

honey, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  13. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah - good stuff - I'm confused now though - I always took Page Impressions to mean just that. I assume that now means my stats till now are below what google reported. Well at least that gives me something to work on. :)

Dio, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  14. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha - I always assumed *page* impressions meant just that - live and learn. :)

Dio, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  15. Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost flipped when I just entered my adsense account and saw my stats for today where around 50 times as much as normal. It took me a while to realise that instead of me getting rich google just remembered my settings for date and was showing the stats of the last 2 months and that google remembered these settings since last time. :(

At least it are some very nice features that improve the usability of the adsense account. Still would have been nicer if my stats actually where the 50 double. But you can't have everything in live I guess.

Simon Donkers, Apr 6, 2005 IP