1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Statistics on yearly surfing habits??

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Redleg, Nov 29, 2004.

In reference to my thread here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=5532
    Where I was a bit surprised by the decrease in traffic in during the holiday week(end)...

Do any of you know if there exists any statistics on surfing habits?

It's would have been nice to know when we could expect the traffic to go up or down (on average) during the year..

Thanks.. :)

Redleg, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I think it's like the restaurant industry. Everybody has different high and low times, and keeping track of your history is the key to your future.

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  3. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Reports of this nature can be obtained from such organizations as Forrester Research (www.forrester.com), Gartner Group (www.gartner.com), Jupiter Research (www.jupiterresearch.com), etc. They aren't free, though - ranging from about $100 USD to much more than this.

In general, with enough web server logs, you will soon figure out surfing practices of your visitors on your own. Just make sure you use some sort of web traffic analysis tool on a regular basis.

J.D.

J.D., Dec 4, 2004 IP
  4. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I regularly analyze my logs, but my traffic has steadily increased (a lot) this year, so it's a bit hard to find any traffic trends just based on them..

Redleg, Dec 4, 2004 IP