1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static IP For Slave

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by paneolo, Jun 22, 2004.

I'm in the process of building a script which will need to make use of the static IP assigned to an account in OG, including a slave account. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the slave static IP is not a variable that is configured to be passed. Is this correct?

If not, can that be added to the billing cycle variables?

paneolo, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, for events that use the slave account's static IP, you would want to use the customer based events (which probably would be more appropriate anyway since static IP is per customer, not per product).

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  3. paneolo

paneolo Guest

Best Answers:
    The problem we run into with using the customer events is this:

We setup different radius attributes according to what billing cycle item they pay for. For example, if the user pays for Modem on Hold, that is a feature that needs to be written into their radius attributes, or perhaps they pay for only 10 hours per month, that is written into their radius attributes. Or, if they are a filtered customer, that is yet a different radius attribute. So, we have been controlling this via their billing cycle item as I don't see any other way to do it. Now I'd like to be able to assign them a static IP within all these attributes, and it works fine for a standard account, but not for a slave.

Considering what we are wanting to accomplish, is there a better way to go about this?

paneolo, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, the rewrite of Optigold ISP that is going on should address such an issue.

5. paneolo

paneolo Guest

Best Answers:
    While I'm asking, here is an example of one of my scripts. However, the slave miscl fields don't seem to be coming through correct. Am I calling them correctly?

http://www.mydomain.net/ogscripts/radius.cfm?action=1&attribute=3&Login=<Login>&Pass=<Pass>&Email=<CEmail>&FName=<FName>&LName=<LName>&SlaveL=<SlaveL>&SlaveP=<SlaveP>&SlaveFN=<SlaveFN>&SlaveLN=<SlaveLN>&StaticIP=<StaticIP>&MService1=<MService1>&SMisc1=<SMisc1>&SMisc2=<SMisc2>&SMisc3=<SMisc3>&SMisc4=<SMisc4>

It actually comes through like this when called:

action=1&attribute=3&Login=jsmith@safeaccess.com&Pass=test&Email=jsmith@aspect1.net&FName=Preston&LName=Korn&SlaveL=jsmith2@safeaccess.com&SlaveP=test&SlaveFN=Preston&SlaveLN=Korn&StaticIP=192.168.1.3&MService1=255.255.255.255&SMisc1=misc1&SMisc2=misc2&SMisc3=<SMisc3>&SMisc4=<SMisc4>

paneolo, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmmm, it looks like for whatever reason they were being picked up internally as <DMisc#> rather than <SMisc#>. As a work-around you could use <DMisc#>, but it's been changed to what it should be for the next version.

7. paneolo

paneolo Guest

Best Answers:
    When is the next version coming out? I'm anxiously awaiting that password reminder fix.

paneolo, Jun 22, 2004 IP