1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

static front page not loading properly in wordpress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by thosecars82, Jun 3, 2010.

Hello
    I have a static home page created in the dashboard with the name of Home. Moreover, I have another file called page-home.php created under the current them. I did not have a static home page but from now on, I want to have it.

When I select the page home in settings->reading as static home page, then I do not see any more the content stored in page-home.php and instead I just see the content displayed in the dashboard for the page home. Since I want to leave empty the dashboard home page's content and fill its content by means of the page-home.php file, then the result is that whenever you go to www.domainx.com, you just see an empty blog's home page. Is there any way to tell wordpress to check page-home.php instead of reading the content from the one written by means of the dashboard?

Thanks

Thanks

thosecars82, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Just create another page template with no content on it and assign that template to your home page.

hmansfield, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    You should make a static page on Wordpress and then in the "Settings" > "Reading" section, make the homepage the page you just made.

Lynxtouch, Jun 6, 2010 IP