1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static and Dynamic Pages ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by narenpati, Apr 11, 2011.

Hi All

I have read about static and dynamic pages but I am still confusing in both, can some body explain me in a simple manner ...thanks in advance.

narenpati, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  2. anju4

anju4 Peon

Best Answers:
    A static web page is a web page that is delivered to user exactly as stored while as dynamic page is a web page which is prepared with fresh information for each individual viewing.

anju4, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  3. bulochc83

bulochc83 Peon

Best Answers:

hmm i agree with you nice information...

bulochc83, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. kumarpyasa

kumarpyasa Peon

Best Answers:
    hello dear

Static Page is a standard web page using only HTML. Static pages do not employ dynamic technologies (like PHP, ASP, Perl...), and have standard URL's.
    A dynamic web page is a page that changes based on the user. It responds to the user's needs, and provides relevant information to meet them, by accessing information in a connected database.

kumarpyasa, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. diyakapoor

diyakapoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    A static page is one which is created in HTML language and a dynamic page is created using programming languages like java, .net, php etc. and data/information is retrieved from database. From SEO point of view dynamic pages/websites are hard to optimize as compared to static pages.

diyakapoor, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A dynamic web page is a kind of web page that has been prepared with fresh information (content and/or layout), for each individual viewing. It is not static because it changes with the time (ex. a news content), the user (ex. preferences in a login session), the user interaction (ex. web page game), the context (parametric customization), or any combination of the foregoing.

A static web page (sometimes called a flat page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application.
    Consequently a static web page displays the same information for all users, from all contexts, subject to modern capabilities of a web server to nere such versions are available and the server is configured to do so.
    Static web pages are often HTML documents stored as files in the file system and made available by the web server over HTTP. However, loose interpretations of the term could include web pages stored in a database, and could even include pages formatted using a template and served through an application server, as long as the page served is unchanging and presented essentially as stored.

Amator, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  7. nickrees

nickrees Peon

Best Answers:
    Static pages are usually plain htlm & never change. Dynamic pages use some sort of script, javascript or php, they are usually created from a data base, and are useful for e commerce type of sites, you can change the content without bothering with htlm pages every time.

nickrees, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  8. RedSimba

RedSimba Peon

Best Answers:
    I love this simple answer:
    - Static Pages means that page usually never change
    - Dynamic Pages means we can add some sort of code (script) to create a dyamic element within the page, for example, we can create date, timer, interactive contents (post + reply), etc...

RedSimba, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  9. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_web_page

Making it very simple though, static is simple HTML pages that always server the same infomation to every user every vist.

Dynamic sites on the other hand though come with many various different things, something as simple as displaying the date or time, to as complex as a forum like this site which uses a database to contain the infomation where users can post new topics reply to topic ect ect the list goes on and on with dynamic sites.

johneva, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  10. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Static website: It is created with the HTML.

Dynamic Website: It is created with the asp, php. These types of the website are managed from admin control

Kiranraj, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  11. grnapls

grnapls Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it more efficient to dynamically create static (html) pages than to serve dynamic (aspx) pages?

My (travel) website has about 20 static (html) pages and about 100 dynamic (aspx) pages, the content of the dynamic pages is updated once per day, and each page is served one to ten thousand times.

It occurs to me that I am dynamically creating the same content hundreds of thousands of times per day. So would it make more sense to dynamically create the 100 (presently) dynamic pages as static html and serve these over and over again?

grnapls, Apr 30, 2011 IP