1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Statcounter vs Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Jean126, Feb 17, 2008.

So what is the best traffic analyser of these two and why do you think so ?

I think statcounter is better, because it shows that i got more traffic then google does show hehe :p Also i like the possibility to ban my IP to count when i'm updating the site. Well maybe i can do that in google to i don't know, anyone ?

I am using google on some of my sites though. But mostly i'm using statcounter.

Bad thing about statcounter if you use the free option is the 500 log limit. If you get more then 500 hits per day it will delete entries. It will only show max 500 entries. It should be 1000 at least even though thats low to.

So who is your favorite ?

Jean126, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  2. devilkitty

devilkitty Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally i prefer google. Probably as i have most of their services so it just seemed easier to keep with.

I did run statcounter for a while and was happy with the results. until i noticed that statcounter appeared as a bad thing in either spybot or adaware.

I dropped statcounter and stuck with analytics.

I do agree that the 500 limit in stat counter is kinda low. But thats just the incentive to upgrade to pro account imo.

Google has many options which i like and have gotten used to. So used to infact i haven't even missed statcounter.

On the whole.

Things i like about statcounter:
    You can almost stalk your visitors and where they went.

Things i dont like about statcounter:
    The 500 limit
    Cookie showing up as malicious when it isn't

Things i like about google analytics:
    Easy to navigate.
    Lots of info that can beused to our(the webmaster or webmasteress) advantage.

Things i don't like about Google Analytics:
    Still haven't found one. It suits my needs perfectly.

Just my 2 cents

Kind Regards
    DK

devilkitty, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. S30Guy

S30Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Infact both are good if u use paid version. But I prefer google analytics since it gives me more comprehensive analysis of site. We can do qualitative analysis of site. It gives me lot of information about site, which page is most visited, which page is not visited at all, what is the frequency of visit, how many of them converted etc.

S30Guy, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. w3kit

w3kit Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for accurate statistics, Stat Counter is simply not the way to go. Stat Counter cannot even get the unique visitors right. If I refresh my page twice, I see my uniques jump. While it may give you a high looking at bloated traffic numbers, you seriously must get another analytic software running for you to track the real numbers and use Stat Counter to impress.

w3kit, Mar 7, 2008 IP