1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

StatCounter and Google Analytics in disagreement

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Sleepless, Feb 4, 2007.

I'm tracking my websites using both StatCounter and Analytics simultaneously
    (I assume there's no technical problem with that - please correct me if I'm wrong).
    The statistics of both sites differ substantially.
    Any idea where this differences come from, and which service is more accurate? Thanks!

Sleepless, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  2. tgo

tgo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would trust google more, they just have more ability to know who the surfers are. They have tracking on alot of pages with their adsense.

I am guessing the google stats are lower as mine always are. This is usualy because google knows more about what is a spam bot or some other hit on your site better than anyone else. While other tracking systems don't trap for that much.

I also have my own stats tracking i wrote on a few of my sites and it almost mirrors google's numbers, over Urchin's. And that is processing server logs, google does its own thing which IMO is much more accurate.

tgo, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  3. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    I'm getting the same between G and AWstats

MKInfo, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  4. smith2k

smith2k Banned

Best Answers:
    Google analytics gives more accurate statistics about website in compare with statcounter stats.
    Please help me about this difference.

smith2k, Feb 8, 2008 IP