1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting up an E-Commerce site(or few)and got questions.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by T.J Johnson, May 25, 2015.

WELL,after being on the block a while I learned making my old website that was affiliate link based was a TERRIBLE idea since I had no specific niche and was for posting any and every genre I got my hand on I decided to break it down.Well I did a few tests on making payments with woo commerce and decided I'm gonna make a few e-commerce websites(with drop shipping for now) in hope of being able to make a living on them.WELL my question is how broad is TOO broad with a niche?I saw someone say selling accessories for tablets is way too broad and should be nubbed down to just selling accessories for like Kindle Fires on a website would be good,which in a buyer shoes I felt that would just make me go else where if all I saw on a site was kindle products EVEN IF I had a kindle.I figured tackling electronics as a whole could be good like having computer parts and cell phone accessories together could give your site more long run space.My last two questions are,does anybody even know someone who makes enough consistent money to live off e-commerce sites or are they just hit and misses?and my last question is how do people go about hiring others to handle their transactions on the site?Like not where to post but like how do they do the money part without getting into your bank accounts??

Long Story short,

1.How broad is TOO broad of a niche?

2.Does anybody know anyone who makes consistent money on e-commerce sites(doesn't have to be just one site)?

3.How to make it where you have people handling your transactions on your website?

Thanks

T.J Johnson, May 25, 2015 IP
  2. hruz

hruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your focus is not clear ... you should start at the other end!

Look at
    Amazon ... they go as wide as can be, but you can't do that, as an individual, so go through the exercise of selecting a very limited number of their top products and market them as an affiliate to a targeted group of potential buyers - go through this practical learning experience and you'll come out of it having all your current questions answered in return for some very interesting new ones ... :)

I can show you two of my own
    Amazon Stores - maybe you can tell me how you would market them for maximum results ... let's see what we come up with!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    hruz, May 26, 2015 IP
  3. T.J Johnson

T.J Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Start at the other end????I just wanted to know what was too broad of a niche mainly lol but that doesn't answer number 2 and 3

T.J Johnson, May 26, 2015 IP
  4. Itera Research

Itera Research Peon

Best Answers:
    On my opinion selling accessories for mobile(tablet) devices is not to broad niche. I guess a good ideas are: to offer huge variety of cases, so anyone can find smth for himself or narrow the assortment for example offering only genuine leather cases.

To make people handling your transactions on your website and minimize risks provide different data and features access to them. This can be adjusted from admin panel for a particular IPs or emails (for registered users)

Itera Research, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  5. laurentsabbah

laurentsabbah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also try thinking outside the box, perhaps creating a niche.

Like that website that made Emoji pillows and started selling them online, it went viral.

Another one that quickly went viral: http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/glitterbomb-startup-founder-looks-to-cash-out-puts-site-up-for-auction/

laurentsabbah, Jul 19, 2015 IP