1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting up a blog... Should I make the title something different?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Nick Spratt, Dec 17, 2013.

Okay, so I created my personal website a month or two ago with weebly, and I like it a lot. What I didn't realize, is that weebly comes with a blogging tool. At the time, I didn't really pay much attention to it, but now I REALLY want to get into blogging. Though now, I don't know where to start. So I have a few questions for you guys:

-Blog hosting. Blogger, Wordpress?
    I want to use the one that has the best SEO and will get me the most viewership.

-Name of blog, should it be group oriented or personal?
    For my future blog, I know for a fact that I will be writing about philosophy and art. I am wondering if I should make the name of the blog personal(ex. Nicksprattspeaks, nickspratt, etc), or should it be more community oriented for the possibities of people joining and guest posting(philosophers corner, philosophersinn, etc)? I feel like option two would work much better, but I just want to check with you experienced bloggers first.

-Advertising and getting an audience
    Yes, I know about Adsense and all, but I would like to know any other tips about advertising my blog that I might not know already. I just don't want to miss anything.

-Moneyz $$$
    Let's say I gained an audience. How much could I possibly make for blogging (specifically about philosophy, art, peace, mental health, and mental illnesses)?

-Other ideas, tips, questions, advice
    anything I haven't thought of yet? Please do not assume I have thought of a certain aspect yet, I really want to make sure I am successful in blogging.

Thanks,
    Nick :)

On a side note:
    I am willing to guest blog. PM if you are interested. My favorite subjects to blog about is philosophy, mental health, peace, and art. But I am also willing to write about what you may want me to. I am just trying to get my name out there.
    Nick Spratt, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  2. BlogStartClub.com

BlogStartClub.com Member

Best Answers:
    First of all. Do not use a free website. Use a self hosted website.
    Domain name can be whichever you want. I am willing to be that as you work on the blog it will clearly evolve into one that is completely personal and one that is philosophy and art. When that happens you will probably have 2 blogs. This is what I did and I think it is important to keep them separate.

Advertising your blog should be done through social media.
    Monetize - The most important thing in my opinion is Product. Does your site lend itself to some sort of product (Information is best).

Newsletters are extremely important.

What are platform are you using currently?
    BlogStartClub.com, Jan 7, 2014 IP