1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting new blog, please suggest

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bengalicddvd, Mar 27, 2009.

Hi,

I am starting a new blog for India related topics to support my various e-commerce sites with backlinks. However my dilema is to come up with a appropriate strategy for content. Initially, I am planning to buy few mini articles to launch my site. However, I am thinking of offering the ability to post to my blog who has similar objectives but not competing with me within the same space, e.g. I have a gifts delivery service for Kolkata, so someone wants to post on my blog and backlink gifts delivery in delhi then it is fine with me. Am I thinking in the right direction? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks

bengalicddvd, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  2. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can certainly allow guest bloggers on your site. The question is will there be enough people willing to do that and can they provide quality content.

dfourss, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  3. bengalicddvd

bengalicddvd Peon

Best Answers:
    Initially I am trying to hire a content writing service and planning to post 1 article per day and after 2 to 3 months, I am considering inviting other relevant site owners who are not directly competing in my space, instead of allowing everyone to post.

At this time my objective is to generate more back links. The gifts delivery site in my signature is PR2 and another one is PR3. We recently started another e-commerce site and trying to boost PR with some key word based content sensitive linking. My immediate target is not to monetize the blog, but if that happens as a side effect, then it will be even better.

bengalicddvd, Mar 28, 2009 IP